Jump to content

Mould and damp in flat

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4020 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

I moved into a studio flat which I rent from the council in February, and since then I have had no end of problems, rodents, damp, mould, leaks etc.


I first got in touch with the council in March, and it is only now when I said I would take my compaints higher that a techinical officer is coming next week to view the property.


I have asked for a transfer to another property as the level of damp/mould is so extreme, and this is just after a few months. My clothes smell of damp and some are covered in mould, that I have had to put them in carrier bags to dry and keep out some of the smell, but it's not working.


I ventilate my flat, and never dry clothes inside, but am sure that the techinical officer will say there is nothing they can do, and just to clean the mould and ventilate the flat.


I also don't have enough electrical sockets(2 in studio room, and 2 in kitchen), but according to the council to fit anymore would be an improvement, not a repair


If I didn't like what the techinical officer has to say, could I take my concerns to the environmental health department?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there. I dont know about Enviromental Health but have some knowledge of the legal,[procedures regarding disrepair, any landlord who leaves properties in conditions like this is taking a risk because they lay themselves open to tenants making a claim for damages, in circumstances where a tenant has become ill or injured this could be substantial.Anyway you may find it useful to view here > http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/+/http://www.justice.gov.uk/civil/procrules_fin/contents/protocols/prot_hou.htm which is a list of useful info and template letters to be used BEFORE legal action, not that you are at that stage yet, but you may find some of the info helpful to give the council a 'nudge' :)Andy

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...