Uncle Buck help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4633 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been trying to arrange a payment plan with Uncle Buck but so far have had no joy as they refuse my offer.

I owe them £273 and after working out my disposable income and splitting it between my creditors I can afford to pay them £50 per month. I sent them this offer by email and they have refused saying "as we offer short term loans, £50 is not acceptable".

I wrote to them again stating that all I could afford was £50 per month and that I would be making this payment regardless, but again they replied saying it is not acceptable and I would charged £1.75 per day in interest.

Obviously I don't want the interest to stack up as I keep paying my £50 per month, so can anyone suggest how I can get them to accept the offer, or how I can avoid paying £1.75 per day in interest over the 5-6 months it will take me to pay them back. I've read on here that they can only charge 1 month interest (I had already rolled over my loan once), is that true ? Where in section 87 of CCA exactly does it state that ?

I have also asked for their bank details so I can send payments, but they have simply ignored this request, again stating that £50 per month is not acceptable.Please help !!

Please, does anyone have any suggestions ?

Or does even Uncle Bucks payment details so I can make payments to them regardless.

Edited by PDLHell

Make the payments to them....they are hardly going to refuse. I would also report them to the OFT who will be taking action against several of these payday style companies soon.

The OFT say quite clearly

f. pressurising debtors to pay in full, in unreasonably large instalments,

or to increase payments when they are unable to do so

Thanks. They have now replied with bank details but made a point of saying that if I make £50 payments then this will not stop interest / charges as it was not agreed with them.

Should I inform them that I only intend to pay the balance plus one month interest, or should I just make the payments each month without saying anything ??

Thanks. They have now replied with bank details but made a point of saying that if I make £50 payments then this will not stop interest / charges as it was not agreed with them.

Should I inform them that I only intend to pay the balance plus one month interest, or should I just make the payments each month without saying anything ??

yes tell them 1mths interest and loan aoun is it, once its paid il see you lot in court!!!! ha ha

they know they dont have a le to stand on, becuase its a 31day loan......

It sounds tempting, but is advising them first really the right thing to do ? It's frustrating how some PDL companies are really easy to deal with and others are awkward as hell. The most annoying thing is that I've seen others on here that have agreed payment plans with Uncle Buck for larger amounts over a longer period of time, yet they just refuse my offer point blank.