HSBC Secure keypad

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3591 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been supplied with one of these keypads to sue for Internet banking but I am having great difficulty using it as one has to press quite hard and hold down a button ot activate it. Once activated one has to enter a PIN number quickly otherwise it switches off. To enter the PIN number one has to prss the button fairly hard.

For someone who suffers with arthritis in their hands this can be very painful especially when having to hold down a button to activate the keypad. As for being quick to enter the PIN number that is laughable as with arthritis nothing is quick.

I also have a Nationwide account with a simialr device and their keypad is easy to use and one does not have to press down on the numbers so hard.

I doubt if I am the only one with thsi problem. Should I rasie a complaint with the HSBC asking for a more compatible device or should I just battle on and accept it?

I would complain if I were you. I've got one of these too and find it a complete nuisance. They haven't really thought this device through properly I don't think. Arthritis is very common so if you're having problems imagine how many others are too.

"In this situation, you know what you have to do? Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming." Dory - Finding Nemo.:wink:

With our Nationwide joint account we have two keypads so one stays at home and the other is always in the laptop bag. HSBC refuse to issue a second keypad for our joint account and we don't want to have the hassle of remembering to carry it around with us when out and about as we caravan a lot now.

I'm fortunate enough to be able to use mine without problems, but I also use their business Internet banking, whose key is even easier - a larger (single) button, with an easy to read display.

They don't work by exactly the same method though ... The business model doesn't require a PIN each time.

I'd agree with previous posters ... contact them, explaining that they haven't considered adequately the effect on persons with disabilities, or, if they have, haven't offered you that alternative.

Mention the business banking key, and the fact it doesn't use an identical technique, and see what they suggest?.