Just a thought re bailiffs.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4635 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Blimey! what kind of imagination have you got? lol A bailiff wouldn't have any need to come to your house until the date of eviction and they would be accompanied by a locksmith and an agent from the lender. Unless of course a county court bailiff is chasing payment of a CCJ, but they are usually very trustworthy and I've never heard of one being that devious.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I have an imagination that runs riot. It might start looting soon :lol: .

I was just thinking more along the lines of probably a private bailiff who has tried to get access to someone's home, then realises that it is up for sale and decides to be underhand. Or maybe he just happens to turn up, sees the For Sale board and then goes and makes an appointment to view the home as a potential buyer.

I saw a :flypig: yesterday. Now where did I put that lovely jacket the men in white coats left me...

are you expecting a visit from a private bailiff for any debts?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

To be honest Ell-enn, I live with the threat of bailiffs turning up everyday and have done since Mr B took off. He is obviously in it up to his neck, but because he left several years ago it is me who has to fend off all sorts who still make appearances (it's a bit like swatting flies) and it depends where they are from as to how they accept what I tell them. Obviously the debt collectors just have to bog off and the County Court bailiffs have never been anything but polite and even helpful.

However, things seem to be escalating somewhat in recent weeks and I am having to deal with private bailiffs working via the High Court for business debts. Quite aggressive compared with anything else I have had to handle, and completely untrustworthy as far as I am concerned. Even after being told at this visit that Mr B was no longer here, they still wrote to him a couple of days later saying they were coming to take his goods. No doubt a digging exercise on their part, so I wrote to them providing proof that it was just me here and giving a stat dec that all goods here are mine. I eventually got a reply back (addressing me as Dear Sir!) totally ignoring the proof of single occupancy, but instead it focused on the stat dec and they stated that they would challenge this if necessary. Good luck to 'em, I disposed of all Mr Bs things within a very short space of time, and have receipts that prove I have paid for everything that is here that they could possibly have any interest in taking, like the computer, tv etc. I even found the receipts in my name for the cooker and the sofas!

You probably know from my repossession thread that you have very kindly contributed to, I am now in a dilemma over whether I can sell the house or if it would be better to let it be repossessed. I have been going through all the fors and againsts for each and the above question popped into my head (probably paranoia is beginning to take over!) I just wondered what would happen if you put your house up for sale and a bailiff used underhand tactics by posing as a possible buyer to gain entry to it. Yes, I know I need to get out more, but it is surprising what occurs to you once you have dealt with people who consider a good job to be one where you can harrass people in their own homes.