Sky Broadband service, BT Line fault

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4634 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Due to a fault on the line since last Monday that BT are in the process of fixing, hopefully by tomorrow, my broadband service has been also affected, resulting in constant dropping of connection, and massively reduced speeds when it is still working.

BT have already confirmed they would issue a refund of the phoneline rental (though compensation for the massive inconvenience of missed calls is surely appropriate), however, Sky Broadband refuse to consider a refund on the grounds that it's BT's fault.

Given I'm a customer of Sky for this particular service, I thought the responsibility would lie with them in the failure to provide a service, under Supply of Goods and Services Act? I can see no mention in their broadband contract http://www.sky.com/shop/terms-conditions/broadband/ that suggests I should waive my rights to that, so want to get some backup from here before I proceed.

The alternative is that BT should offer compensation for loss of the service, though I suspect they will refuse to acknowledge responsibility for that.

Aside from that legal argument, this is effectively the last straw, given I can get rid of Sky+ service and buy a freeview recorder, and switch my internet services to BT who would clearly be able to provide me a better customer service in this instance, Sky offer no competitive reason to stay with them any longer.

Hi

I don't see how Sky could be held responsible. You have already stated that it's BTs fault so why should Sky offer you anything! It isn't their fault your BB is dropping.

Sky do have a good customer retention policy. Phone up and cancel and they will offer you a deal to stay (unless you have been rude to them)

Don't phone the 0844 number. Go to Saynoto0870 and there is a freephone number instead

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Then BT should compensate for the loss of service then?

I saw Sky's service the same way I see any other service provider. If the service provider relies on 3rd party service in order to provide the service to a consumer, but then can't provide that service due to a problem with the 3rd party supplier, then the service provider handles the customer complaint, and they in turn complain to the 3rd party provider. That's how most services providers would operate, so why not Sky?