Banks refusal to negotiate on mortgage matters

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4627 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey great thread and awesome advice.

I wonder if anyone can answer a question for me. I'm Irish and lived in the UK for 10 years before moving to Canada 2 years ago.

Long long story but after the bank refusal to negotiate on mortgage matters I declared bankruptcy in the UK ONLY. The insolvency office / Receiver has been in touch about an IPA. We have exchanged a LOT of e mails and I've told her I can't enter into an IPA as I can't spare the money or I wouldn't have gone bankrupt back in the UK. I've told her that bankruptcy is brought on by people entering into agreements which they cannot uphold and I told her that I'm confused why her office of all offices would encourage that.

Anyway I told her that out communications have come to an end as she hasn't heard a word I've said to her.

So my questions is this. She can choose to apply to the UK court for an IPO, it would then have to be endorsed by the Canadian court etc. Has anyone ever heard of them going to these lengths? She was looking for 162 pounds per month from me which I told her that I could not afford. Is it likely that they will go to these lengths or do you think they'll drop it.

I know it may cause me problems being discharged in the UK but I'll never be back there and the bankruptcy has not followed me to Canada and I know it won't.

Thanks for the advice.

Farfromhome.

Hey guys,

Thanks a lot for getting back to me on this. Sorry I didn't think anyone had replied.

I'm dealing with a great firm based in the UK and my lawyer says that a High Court judge has declared me bankrupt, the Receiver cannot undo that. I suspected they might just prolong the discharge. I won't be going back there again anyway. Thanks for the input.

Farfromhome.