• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

the claims guys

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2830 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently heard from Lloyds that they are offering to settle my PPI claim .

This is welcome news but the company I chose to reclaim this with are harrassing me for payment before i receive the settlement.

When i asked the company to start a claim on my behalf the only reason i chose them was because they said it would take about six weeks before i got my compensation.

This was back in January and clearly was a lie as they and every one else knew that the refund claims were on hold.

If i had been told the truth before signing up with them i probably would have shopped around or filed the claim myself.

My question is can i now put this into dispute because of the way they got me to sign up with them?

ignore them

just say you dont want their help

you got spoofed dont let them take any money

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i would love to ignore them as they want over a thousand pounds but theyre saying that i signed a legally binding document and if its not payed soon i could incur some additional charges.

Has anyone any thoughts or advice on this?

just spoofing you

they can in reality do nothing of the sort.

what info do they have on the settlement?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Go to Lloyds direct with your complaint, Ashworth Law in Harrogate are the company that actually investigates the claim, the Claims Guys are just sales personel. If they continue to harrass you report them to the MOJ. . .

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

They seem to have been sent the same letter

ive received from Lloyds with the settlement figure and when it will be paid to me.

The total amount is about 2800 and they want nearly 1100

which theyve already sent me the invoice for.

As already said

if they'd told the truth and not said they could settle the claim within six weeks

I wouldnt have signed wwith them.

what should i do or should i just ignore them?

as in post 6

but yes ignore them

no claims company will ever go near a court and have never done so to date.

dx

and they

• 1 month later...

Hi

My advice is NOT to ignore them

- get on the phone and try to work something out.

If the company has already contacted lloyds be in 3 weeks ago or 6 months ago

then you would now be liable for the fee.

Did you sign a contract with them?

If you did then this is legally binding

and although the claims companies dont go to court themselves

they DO and ALWAYS have passed on unpaid fees to 3rd party debt collection agencies

who will take you to court.

at the point of sale did the advisor say 6 weeks

or was is worded a minimum of 6 weeks or around 6 weeks?

unless they have actually stated a specific time limit of 6 weeks

only then theres not much you can do about it.

FHowever ,

i would suggest you request a copy of the origanal sales call under the data protection act (the companies keep these for 12 months so they should still have it

and if not i would advise them you will be speaking to the information commission officer)

Put in a complaint about the level of service you recieved

G and tell them that not only did llyods trick and con you

but these people have now proceeded to prey on that abuse of your trust ,

promised to help you and then gone on to do the same thing to you.

The best advise i would give is to speak to the ministry of justice

- the company will be regisetered with them in restrospet of requlated claims managment.

If you have any paperwork from the company

the companies registration number should be printed

usually in small print at the bottom of the letter.

good luck with it

but i wouldnt advise to ignore it

- the payment is a legal agreement as stated in terms and conditions

so ignoring it could affect your credit file.

But do dispute it put in a complaint

and let them know the reasons you are unhappy.

a dca cannot only take anyone to court unless they own the debt.

as advised

claims co's dont do court

ignore then for now.

get you money.

dx

and they

• 4 weeks later...

The claims guys are a big joke.

I did alot of research into them as I had a bad experience with them. They have a very high turnover in staff, with lots of sackings and subsequently unfair dismissals... and before anyone asks no I didnt work there! Infact it was a very good friend of mine.

a) The main problem is if you still have a active debt with the credit card company or the bank, then they will more often or not credit your debt with the refund, therefore leaving you with a 30% fee to pay The Claims Guys. Which can run into thousands in some cases.

b) They only receive a report from creditors stating they will 'settle' the claim. However the actual refund can take up to 8 weeks in some cases, yet The Claims Guys will chase you as soon as the creditor agrees in principle to pay.

c) They will take on debts even though you might not ask for them.

They will run 'campaigns' stating if you dont pay they will issue you with a CCJ. Funnily when one of there advisors was prompted witht the question 'Whats a CCJ?' he didnt know!

I'd strongly recommend staying away from this company, and if you are looking at claiming back charges or PPI then do it yourself its alot cheaper

• 4 years later...

i had an issue with the claims guys

where i did receive ppi after the case was closed by barclays

as they did not have enough info of my details .

they then contacted me directly and i resolved the issue and received ppi.

TCGS are now threatening to take me to court for the monies

theY SAY I OWE THEM FOR WORK THEY DID NOT DO,

I ALSO NOTE THAT asLL OTHER WORK HAS NOW STOPPED ON MY OTHER CASES

. TEXTS E MAILS AND CALLS SO FAR

ANY IDEAS?

When was the case closed?

When did you get payment?

and they