Newlyn bailiff letters getting more agressive

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4626 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all. It has been a long while since I posted but I'm back and thank you for all your past help! I have a council tax debt which I have set up a S/O to pay Newlyns £100 every month! I cannot afford more (getting housing benefit and wife doesnt work). I keep getting calls saying there coming to take goods for auction (I live in a furnished rented property) and letters saying there gonna do all sorts. Last letter said "committal proceedings" with a view to prison or attachments of earnings. How do I handle this? Reading other posts you've recommended paying the council direct. Should I stop Newlyn S/O & pay council direct? I'm NEVER going to let them in to my flat. Thanks for letting me know. Got 2 kids on holiday and dont want them involved in my situation.Thanks in advance

Hi all. It has been a long while since I posted but I'm back and thank you for all your past help! I have a council tax debt which I have set up a S/O to pay Newlyns £100 every month! I cannot afford more (getting housing benefit and wife doesnt work). I keep getting calls saying there coming to take goods for auction (I live in a furnished rented property) and letters saying there gonna do all sorts. Last letter said "committal proceedings" with a view to prison or attachments of earnings. How do I handle this? Reading other posts you've recommended paying the council direct. Should I stop Newlyn S/O & pay council direct? I'm NEVER going to let them in to my flat. Thanks for letting me know. Got 2 kids on holiday and dont want them involved in my situation.Thanks in advance

Do you know how much you owed as confirmed by the Council? When you ask them also ask how much is still outstanding - I suggest this as newlyn will have taken their fees first. Do you know how much they have fleeced your for? All the while you are paying would prevent further enforcement action from the Council - it is they who would instigate Committal proceedings not the Bailiff.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That has to be your decision. What it will do is upset a certain party and make him grumpy. It will guarantee you visits from them. Have you sent off to them for a breakdown of the charges they have applied.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here's something that may help you. Adapt as you see fit and send initially by email followed by a copy in the post.

"From:

My Name

My Address

To:

Acme Bailiff Co

Bailiff House

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account, Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges.

This includes:

a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee.

b - the reason for the fee.

c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged.

d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were Certificated at.

e - the date of the Certification.

This is not a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

Ripped off customer"

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
I have done the same and Newlyn never provided any proof of bailiff vist but they are keep increasing the Amount

If you start your own thread we may be able to help.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=168

Tell us as much as you can, what you owe, what for, dates, charges etc.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]