• Tweets

• hold up. didn't you just say you wanted to be made redundant? Let's get clear in your outcome before we advise further. Do you want to go, or do you want to stay?    Because if you want to go, let the sleeping dog lie.
    • See a previous post where I mentioned that the vehicle would need a complete stripping of the badly applied plasti dip paint and resprayed to the original colour.  I can provide a copy of the advert,  which also states that the timing belt (chain) had been replaced backed up by an invoice, I have been through the paperwork 3 times now and haven't been able to locate it.    The advert was as follows;   Re: Deleted advert GJ   Gemma Jamieson   To: Graham Shand Thu 24/09/2020 10:57   Good morning Graham, just enquiring whether or not there has been any development with this dealer, I have now served him with a final letter before action and now await his response within 7 days.   Kind regards   Gemma From: Graham Shand <GShand@aberdeencity.gov.uk> Sent: 15 September 2020 11:04 To: Gemma Jamieson <gemmajamieson@hotmail.co.uk> Subject: RE: Deleted advert   Hi Gemma,   It is very unlikely that Birmingham TS will get involved in your civil complaint, so best for you to follow Advice Direct Scotland’s advice.   If Birmingham are not interested in the criminal side, then I will discuss it with my manager and decide what action to take.   Can you please send me the trader’s email address.   Thanks Graham   From: Gemma Jamieson <gemmajamieson@hotmail.co.uk> Sent: 15 September 2020 10:01 To: Graham Shand <GShand@aberdeencity.gov.uk> Subject: Re: Deleted advert   That was my thinking,  not to mention lying and saying I had agreed to it being sold as spares/renovation as the advert does not mention that at all. There would be no way I would have bought it had it been mentioned to me either. I have also been through the paperwork 3 times and have yet to find the toyota invoice of £320 for the timing belt which is actually a chain on the celicas.    Seemingly Asif would prefer to go to court as the car is ready for him to collect, but he has not thus far responded to my email.   What are the local trading standards to him likely to do?   Regards   Gemma     From: Graham Shand <GShand@aberdeencity.gov.uk> Sent: 15 September 2020 09:39 To: Gemma Jamieson <gemmajamieson@hotmail.co.uk> Subject: RE: Deleted advert   Hi Gemma   I don’t think a sheriff would consider a trade sales invoice to be suitable for a private sale to a consumer, in fact I think it would strengthen your case.   I’ll get in touch with Birmingham TS this week.   Regards Graham   From: Gemma Jamieson <gemmajamieson@hotmail.co.uk> Sent: 14 September 2020 15:55 To: Graham Shand <GShand@aberdeencity.gov.uk> Subject: Fw: Deleted advert   I presume putting it on the trade sales invoice won't hold up in court because that is where I feel this will be going, as he has until Thursday to contact me regarding the template given to me by consumer advice.   Kind regards    Gemma   From: Gemma Jamieson <gemmajamieson@hotmail.co.uk> Sent: 27 August 2020 07:39 To: Enquiries <callmedia.enquiries@autotrader.co.uk> Subject: Re: Deleted advert     From: Enquiries <callmedia.enquiries@autotrader.co.uk> Sent: 25 August 2020    MAKE TOYOTA MODEL CELICA REGNUMBER A16BYN PRICE 1977 YEAR 2003 MILEAGE 80000 TRADEFLAG Trade NAME Evolve Cars ADTEXT *** Good afternoon dear customers - Here is what we believe is a EXTREMELY RARE OPPORTUNITY to what we believe is the ONLY CELICA in the country with this COLOUR & spec ! *** GENUINE MILEAGE on a 2003 REGISTERED plate with supporting documents including - FSH, Full HPI REPORT, Full vosa printout, every single previous MOT & more importantly CERTIFICATE from the National MILEAGE Register to verify ! Has just benefited from a FULL 1 YEARS MOT / 36 POINT CHECK & even a FULL DIAGNOSTIC scan showing NO CURRENT engine or gearbox faults - complete with receipts from the garage. Has FULL SERVICE HISTORY with 11 stamps in the book, most of them being TOYOTA with loads of main dealer service invoices & printouts. It has even had the all important TIMING BELT done too by TOYOTA @ the cost of £320 fully backed up with invoice ! Previous owner was a FIRE ENGINEER & has just drove it all the way down from SUNNY SCOTLAND ! Has just benefited from a £300 SERVICE BILL. Comes with LOVELY BLACK / GREY LEATHER INTERIOR, Black polished alloys & EXPENSIVE SOUND ENTERTAINMENT system. Please remember that this CELICA has only done around 6 k miles per year, which is absolutely nothing for one of these engines - BRAND NEW, this would have set you back in excess of £17 k new, so grab a used bargain at this price ! *** PLEASE NOTE - The private plate DOES NOT COME with the car & is in the process of being RETAINED - The car will come back with the standard 03 REG from DVLA, we will update this advert as soon as it comes back - Thank you for your patience *** VIEWING BY MUTUAL APPOINTMENT ONLY.Based in BIRMINGHAM. Part Exchange & NATIONWIDE DELIVERY available. Any questions please do not hesitate to give us a ring -Thank you ***, Next MOT due 17/08/2021, Black Full leather interior, Alarm, Alloy Wheels (17in), Climate Control, Electric Windows (Front), In Car Entertainment (Radio/Cassette/CD Autochanger), Upholstery Leather. 4 seats, Blue, £1,977 ATTENTION_GRABBER RARE CELICA VVLI WRAPPED BLUE    
    • Thanks for that I have emailed the cottage no response.   Owls House, White Cross Bay, Ambleside, Windermere.   I have also emailed the CEO.Later today I will investigate the charge back options / section 75
    • I'm interested in your comments as to why should you have to explain any details about the condition of the car – basically because you feel that you have got adequate rights under the distance selling rules When you litigate, if you have two good arguments to base your claim upon then you are better off using both. That means that if one founders, the other one may hold up. I think you should give us some information about the condition of the car and also give us insight of the advertisement and the claims made for it we may be able to view some advice on that issue.  
    • What do you think your options (realistically) are?
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 6 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

Positioning of bus stops

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3328 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Before I go postal with the local council I thought I'd tap the fountain of CAG knowledge first.

Just before the entrance to my street there is a layby with a bus stop in it. Buses could pull in, drop people off, pick people up, traffic could get past and everything was generally good.

Now the bus stop has been removed from the layby and placed about 15 feet away from the entrance to my street. This now means that whenever a bus stops, traffic can't get past, and you cant enter or leave my street as the bus is blocking the entrance.

I'm hoping someone knows the legalities of bus stops before I go off on one at the council. Surely it can't be legal to place a bus stop in such a way that the buses block access?

I will leave the legality to others. You should understand that the object of the change from a layby is to stop traffic. This is a deliberate ploy to enable buses to maintain their timetables and frustrate the motoring public in a mistaken belief that it will drive the car driver off the road and onto the buses. Bus drivers complained that other traffic would not allow them to pull away from the kerb or out of a layby thus slowing their service. Now in towns we are subject to the (s)lowest denominator with extended bus stops.

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

I agree with Gick. You may argue that it is stupid, dangerous and absurd. However, the one thing that is certain is it is deliberate.

The siting of bus stops has to be approved by the local authority. If you consider that it has been moved to a position which is potentially dangerous, you should raise your concerns with them.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

The siting of bus stops has to be approved by the local authority. If you consider that it has been moved to a position which is potentially dangerous, you should raise your concerns with them.

Not the local authority; the highway authority.

Unless a trunk road or unitary authority, this will be the county council

Not the local authority; the highway authority.

Unless a trunk road or unitary authority, this will be the county council

So that isn't the local authority then?

Please Note

Please Note

So that isn't the local authority then?

Correct.

For example, Basingstoke & Deane is a local authority. Hampshire County Council is the highway authority

(SIGH!) Sorry OP, you need to contact your local HIGHWAYS authority about the bus stop, not the local authority who perhaps would'nt of refered you on it seems.

Please Note

Please Note