Help with CCJ claim from Wescot SPV Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4534 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, hope someone can help me with this !

I have just received a claim form from Northampton CC which I believe is statute barred.

I intend to respond via moneyclaim.gov disputing the full amount however the POC has something in it that I'm not sure about and wondered if anyone could shed any light on it :

The claimant claims for sums due under a/various Mail Order Agreement(s) entered into between Shop Direct Limited and the Defendant.

The rights of Shop Direct Limited passed to the Claimant pursuant to an assignment dated 21/11/06 between Shop Direct Limited and the Claimant.

The agreement(s) was/were terminated upon the Defendant failure to comply with the terms of the agreement(s) and or the statutory Notice of Default served by Shop Direct Limited.

The claimant complied with Section III and IV and annex B of the PD Pre-Action Conduct.

And the Claimant claims:

Mail Order Account number xxxxxxxx balance of xxx.xx as 2/11/06.

Interest under s69 of the County Court Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from the assignment Date(s) to 9/8/11 of xxx.xx and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgement or earlier payment at a daily rate of 0.21 AND costs.

What is this bit about ? The claimant complied with Section III and IV and annex B of the PD Pre-Action Conduct. I haven't to my knowledge complied with anything ?

Should I SAR/CCA Wescot first or just go ahead on the grounds that the debt is statute barred ?

Any advice would be gladly received !

Thanks

HM

I know it's statute barred as I've been in my current property for over 6 years and this is an account from probably 2 or more years before that.

I went through lots of problems around 10 years ago which resulted in a lot of accounts just being 'forgotten' ! Head in the sand basically.

I've had a few SDs over the last few years from Capquest for similar accounts but successfully had them set aside due to the statute barred rule, it was just the wording in the POC of this one that I wasn't familiar with as I know I haven't acknowledged the debt.

Do you think this is just them making things up to try and get further perhaps ?

Hi Howard,

The section in the POCs about compliance refer to the Claimant (Wescot) in that they state that they have complied with pre action protocols. Standard wording - but did they. I've attached a guide for your info.

Yes you need to SAR (Shop Direct, not Westcot) straight away to establish the precise SB date.

If you intend to dispute all the claim you need to acknowledge online and state this, then send a CPR 31.14 request to the solicitors, requesting copies of everything mentioned in the particulars of claim.

I've also attached a compendium I put together of the advice on the legal sticky threads, with template CPR letters and advice how to proceed.

kind regards,

Elsa x

Pre Action Conduct Guidance.pdf

pt-legal issues-compilation.pdf

Hi Howard,

No probs..just something to get you started till those who know more than I do come along :wink:

From your POC's, what you need to request is highlighted:

The claimant claims for sums due under a/various Mail Order Agreement(s) entered into between Shop Direct Limited and the Defendant.

The rights of Shop Direct Limited passed to the Claimant pursuant to an assignment dated 21/11/06 between Shop Direct Limited and the Claimant.

The agreement(s) ( including the original and varied terms and conditions) was/were terminated (The Termination Notice)upon the Defendant failure to comply with the terms of the agreement(s) and or the statutory Notice of Default served by Shop Direct Limited. ("Copy of Default Notice / relevant record in communications log showing service )

The claimant complied with Section III and IV and annex B of the PD Pre-Action Conduct.

Mail Order Account number xxxxxxxx balance of xxx.xx as 2/11/06. Full statement of account

Interest under s69 of the county courtlink3.gif Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from the assignment Date(s) to 9/8/11 of xxx.xx and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgement or earlier payment at a daily rate of 0.21 AND costs.

Even if it wasn't Stat Barred I very much doubt they'll have an agreement.

What date is on the claim form? The clock is ticking - you have 33 days till defence due unless an extension is agreed, so watch the clock.

There's a SAR template link in my blog, linked below, btw

Elsa x

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

Just an update to my situation.

It is now over 7 days since the CPR31.14 was sent to Wescot and I have heard nothing back.

Should I just go with the below defence ?

1. The Claimant's claim was issued on xth August 2011.

2. The Defendant contends that the Claimant's claim so issued is a claim in contract and is statute barred pursuant to the provisions of section 5 of the Limitation Act 1980. The claimant should already be aware more than 6 years have elapsed between cause of action accrued and the court claim by their court submission.

3. The Claimant's claim to be entitled to payment of £xxxx.xx or any other sum, or relief of any kind is denied.

I AM ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN THAT THE CONTENTS OF THIS DEFENCE ARE TRUE.

Signed:

Dated:

HM

• 2 months later...