style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3603 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife was in Holmfirth recently with her mother who is disabled.Whilst they were shopping her mothers electric scooter broke down so my wife brought her car as close as she could to where it had broken down so that she could collect her mother who cannot walk more than a few feet.Unfortunately she parked with the front end of her car just overhanging the zig zag markings on the exit of a pedestrian crossing (she had a blue badge still displayed after leaving the car park) and has now received a pcn from the council.Does anyone think the circumstances would mitigate the offence?

As Jamerson says it's worth an appeal especially if you support it with repair bills, however, I believe this will only be an appeal for them to use their discretionary powers as, presumably you are not disagreeing with their basic facts.

They may well contend that, even though your mother's scooter broke down and you needed to go to collect it, whether you stopped (a) 2 foot into the end of the zigzag or (b) 2 foot before the zigzag would have made no material difference to you being able to retrieve the scooter. Therefore, in their view, you should have taken option (b).

Thanks for the replys.Repair bill is not an option as i repaired it myself (ignition switch.If it happens to you, don't go to the manufacturers,maplins have a generic one at £3.28) .I know its not much of an excuse but my wife was in such a panic at leaving her mother alone in a strange town that she did not pay as much attention to the zig zags as she normally would.I'll get her to send a letter and hope for mercy.

Did she need to park that far forward in order to gain access to the boot to manipulate the disabled scooter? Might be a further aspect of the mitigation. Obviously do not lie about this, or 'over egg' it, but the comment about her being very concerned about her elderly(?) mother in a strange place and as a result had not noticed how much she had encroached on the zig-zag lines, might also help.

Good luck

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

You have a receipt for the switch you bought? Copy that and include it with your appeal. It just proves you're not making it up. (Councils are continually wary of people inventing unfortunate circumstances - they like something to support it.)