lewis group ccj

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4630 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,

i'm new to the forum but was hoping i could get some advice. I got a ccj beginning of this year regaurding a santander account, i agreed to repay £18 per month but unfortunalty after a few payments my partner had to have back surgery and our income decreased yet again. After writing to the lewis group and offering to repay £23 per month to cover the arrears they accepted but i did not hear anything back from them until AFTER the first payment had been unknowingly missed. I have just rang them to make the payment over the phone instead of payment slips but they REFUSED to take my payment as they are going to send someone to my house to arrange repayment? Im confused as ive arranged to repay it but they are not letting me do so and talking about further action? Please help!!

why are you ringing these muppets?

never ever phone a dca

you need to tell us about this CCJ..

lewis...CCJ the two don't sound right together.

what was the debt all about please?

how the hell did they get a CCJ against you ,,,very rare

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The only way you can send a postal order.they dont do online and they dont even give their bank details to setupa standing order, they only provide do you with Bank giro credit where you may forget sometime to pay.

the debt was for a Dorothy perkins store card which due to unforeseen circumstances i couldn't keep up the payments the ccj was actually from howard cohen but the giro slips they sent where from lewis and when i phoned cohen they put me straight through to lewis are they the same people? i tried to pay onine but it would not let me saying the my details didnt match.

When i rang it was to make a card payment over the phone which is the only other option i had but got put through to some muppet instead

pay it by internet banking portal of your bank

never ever give these spoofers your card details.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

they will not give me any details to do it this way the only options they have ever given me is giro slips or pay over the phone i dont understand how they can refuse a payment surely that is the whole point they want me to pay them?

tough titty then

phone them monday and demand some more payment slips then.

if they dont want their money - hard luck to them.

just never give them any card details.

now you seriously need to revisit this CCJ.

did you reclaim all the unlawful charges and p'haps mis-sold PPI on this sant debt?

i bet not.

can you tell us its history please.

dx

and they

Originally my credit limt on the card was £250 i had about £200 on it but due to there charges and interest when i got my ccj i had £447 to repay them

I defaulted on the account late last year and got the ccj beginning of this year at the time i just panicked and agreed to pay them £18 per month which due to my partner having surgery i missed a couple of payments but i agreed to pay £23 a month to clear the arrears. I have little knowledge of this area so was unsure of what to do

i am surprised you are paying lewis as in my first post

what does the judgement of the CCJ say [exactly]

dx

and they

ok well it say the claimant is santander claims but but documents and payments should be sent to howard cohen & co,

The claiment's claim is for the sum of 366.48 being monies due from the defendent to the claimentunder a regulated credit agreement made in writing. The defendent has failed to make payment in accordance with the terms of the agreement and a default notice has been served upon the defendent pursuant to section 87(1) of the consumer credit act 1974

no the judgement box

what did the judge decide

dx

and they

ive just had a look and i recieved the claims form from northampton county court when i recieved this i rang howard cohen because this was the first thing i had recieved since i couldnt make the payments to santander and agreed on the phone to pay £18 per month the next letter i recieved was from lewis confirming my monthly payments and giving me giro slips i have nothing with a judgement on it from the court

urm.. interesting

i'd phone the court and findout if it ever did get that far.

you need to know what is in the judgement box

something smells here.

and they

If it is truely lewis and cohen, I've got their bank details to pay a debt to them. I told them that was the only way I would pay them.

Do you have a ref number for the debt or ccj?

"In this situation, you know what you have to do? Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming." Dory - Finding Nemo.:wink:

Write to them removing all implied licence to enter your property and refuse to speak to them if they call, which I doubt they will.

I will dig out the bank details for you and then you can pay it direct.

"In this situation, you know what you have to do? Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming." Dory - Finding Nemo.:wink:

yes i have the ccj ref and an account ref

does anyone know or have experience on what these house agents are like?

they have no legal powers whatsoever

the milkman has more!

tell them to go away simples!

THEY ARE NOT BAILIFFS!!!

dx

and they

The Lewis Group/Lewis Debt Recovery/CL Finance Limited/Howard Cohen & Co are all one and the same, housed in Riverside, Cleackheaton, West Yorks (you can google the address and see the office) write to Santander Cards UK Limited complaints resolution team and state that their "Solicitor acting on their behalf Howard Cohen & Co" are refusing to accept paymnets in the agreed manner. I would then ask for their details to make payments direct to Santander Cards UK Limited, I would email a copy of your letter to Santander Cards UK Limited to Howard Cohen & Co.