PCN box junction advice wanted!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4634 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

I receive the attached PCN today. Please can you advise if I can challenge it and if so, what grounds. Some points :

1. Notice received nearly 2 months after alleged offence (company car so am not sure if my name/address is on the log book)
  2. text on notice: ...detected by "restricted area" who was observing...
  3. time of contravention 15:05 however time on pictures 15:04
  4. I recall that the vehicle in front pulled out from the left junction as i was entering the box junction, but the letter was so long ago that i cant be certain!

viewer.jpg

I am not sure about such procedural challenges such as the "restricted area" detail being completely nonsense, but as a starting point you need to view the video evidence of the incident. You cannot make a judgement on a moving traffic offence by looking at a still (or even 2) photgraphs.

If you are correct in your recollection, then when viewing the video you should see that your exit was clear when you entered and was only blocked when the 3rd party entered from the left.

Bear in mind the offence is not "stopping" in the the box (even though many councils seem to think it is) but is "entering" the box when your exit isn't clear. If the exit was clear as you entered the box, but an event occurred beyond your control which resulted in the exit becoming blocked whilst you were within the box, causing you to stop, then no contravention occurred.

Even if the video doesn't support your memory, it is worth remembering that many YBJ are not marked our correctly and this may give you a further option for challenging the PCN which more expert CAGgers would be able to help you with I'm sure.