Jump to content

Council House eviction help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3603 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi, Ive just been told by my council landlord that they are taking me to court for non payment of rent. My arrears currently stand at £1200.00 I have been paying my rent over the last year or so but its because the arrears go back to 2008 and havent been cleared that they are going on about. I have made a few arrangements in the past but these have been broken due to loosing job, being off sick, employer not paying wages etc etc and have always kept in contact with the council to explain. I was unable to pay my rent last month as I had hardly any salary and how to get food, gas, electric etc.

Anyway I wrote to them and explained my situation and offered to repay my normal rent plus £50.00 towards the arrears but this time no go. I'm on my own with my 12 year old son and do have a regular income and have just taken on an extra part time job so going forward things are looking ok, could someone please advise me what to do the council have sent me a financial assessment form and a NR11 form, apart from filling these in I dont know what to do with them I have been a council tenant for 20 years and have not been to court before for my rent. Help Please. Thank you

Link to post
Share on other sites

You normally find that it is never too late to negotiate with a local authority when it comes to rent arrears, however the fact that you have failed to maintain previous arrangements it is unlikely that they will cancel the court action. Nevertheless if an arrangement is made through the court it is unlikely that they will evict. However, if you fail to maintian a future agreement then it is probably a foregoing conclusion that the council will act on the judgement. As a suggestion you may wish to contact Shelter who should be able to provide representation.



Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, thanks for your post, no they wont negotiate, the lady I deal with at money advice plus says that the lady I have dealing with my home at the council is one of the worst she has come across. Is there anyone of the forum who can help me prepare a statement or anything to take/send to the court?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Contact Shelter and request representaion as it is almost certain that the issue will go through court, at that stage you are negotiating with the Judge and not the council.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...