Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • For offences where a ban or points are appropriate, provided the speed is not "excessive", points are the usual option provided there are no "aggravating circumstances" (such as driving an HGV, near a school, very bad weather, etc.). This is especially so where the driver has a clean licence. Your offence falls into the middle band (of three) of seriousness. It is only the top band (speeds > 40 in a 20 limit, >100 in a 70 limit) where the "excessive" issue comes into play. I would be most surprised if you were banned for that offence and even if you were it would only be for a short period, say seven to fourteen days.   You can see the sentencing guidelines here:   Speeding (Revised 2017) – Sentencing (sentencingcouncil.org.uk)
    • have you been reading up here on CAG as advised? use our search top right claimform loan PDL   researching whats to come and how to do it.? i mentioned IRL  have you looked at that?   you MUST file a defence by 18th december no matter what happens   post your ideas up here 1st well in advance?
    • Thanks for your detailed response.   I just pray that they don’t give me a ban as I am a courier. Do you know how the courts consider whether to give the recommended points or a ban? Thank you 
    • Not sure of the provenance of this, but if only partially true is worrying Its up to an individual to weigh the facts for themselves.   https://healthandmoneynews.wordpress.com/2020/12/02/head-of-pfizer-research-covid-vaccine-is-female-sterilization/amp/?__twitter_impression=true   Here is link to the information sheet for Healthcare professionals doing the vaccinations.   Again no personal views either way, its up to individuals to decide what is true and what is fake.   Published 2 December 2020 Last updated 3 December 2020 — see all updates From: Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency   Information for Healthcare Professionals on Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine
    • The National Police Chiefs' Council's policy on speeding enforcement suggest that speeds of 35mph or above in a 20mph area should be dealt with by way of court action. All forces in England & Wales usually follow those guidelines so it is more than likely your matter will be dealt with under the "Singe Justice Procedure."   Magistrates' guidelines for that speed suggest a fine of a week's net income (reduced by a third if you plead guilty) together with either a ban of up to 28 days or 4 to 6 points. Points are far more likely. That band of seriousness covers 31 to 40mph so you can expect six points or, if you're lucky, five. You will also pay £85 prosecution costs and a "Victim Surcharge" of 10% of the fine (minimum £34).   The police have six months from the date of the offence to bring proceedings and in many areas take all of that so you may not hear anything until next May. The first notification you get will be a "Singe Justice Procedure Notice". You cannot attend a Single Justice hearing but you will not have to attend court unless either you particularly want to or the Single Justice is considering disqualification (Single Justices will not disqualify you without giving you an opportunity to attend a court hearing). In either of those circumstances the matter will be adjourned and listed for a normal court hearing.
  • Our picks

HELP! Took finance out for someone else, need advice how to end it!!

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3397 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi I took a finance agreement out last yr for my partner from bmw, unfortunately, a yr later we have broken up. I have my own car on finance and can't afford to take over the payments for his. He's being really awkward and refusing to get a loan in his own name. He did put down a large deposit which means that there is approx £12k left to pay and the approx. value of the car a the moment is between 16k-20k as it has low mileage. The other issue is that I've moved back to ireland while the car is in England with him! What are my options? It was a year on finance in april and I think it was a 3 yr finance agreement. And will this get me black listed?Any help and advice would be really appreciated! Jules

Link to post
Share on other sites

I rather suspect that as the loan is in your name there is going to be little you can do. Hopefully, others will pop in and prove me wrong.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group


Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **


Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first


1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read





2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS


Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.



Link to post
Share on other sites

If you can get the car back from him and the loan was a HP agreement, then you should be able to VT the car back to them as I am sure you must have paid in excess of 50% of the total value.

Link to post
Share on other sites

you would also not be able sell it if it has outstanding finance, unless you had the finance company approval and agreement that you pay the balance upon sale of the car





I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.




GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled


Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...