Jump to content

Continue paying money to 3 after contract has expired?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3604 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

I got a dongle on 3 in the summer of 2009. Later the same year and again in early 2010 I told them it was not fit for purpose as it did not recieve a useable signal in spite of their assuring me that it should.


3 were unable to remedy this but I continued to make monthly payments until the contract expired (the dongle was thrown in the bin long ago). When the contract naturally expired at the end of May 2011, I was annoyed to see they had taken a further payment from my bank account in June 2011 to which they were not entitled. I cancelled the direct debit.


Now they are harrasing me, saying that I have to give them 30 days notice to cancel the contract, even though there is no longer a contract! I didn't receive any communications from them asking me if I would like to take out another contract or continue the one I had, or asking me if I would not like to take up any of those options.


As far as I'm concerned they owe me money and I owe them nothing. Anybody been here already?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Link to post
Share on other sites

The contract is 12 months minimum term, then 30 day rolling contract, it does not "Expire".

You could say you gave them notice to cancel the contract early 2010.


Now, the real downside of mobile contracts is they report on your credit file. This needs sorting, so you should check your credit file and then if there is anything negative on there, report back to this thread.


Personally, I'd lodge a complaint through their website here and tell them that you want the contract canceling, and refunding of any overpayment, aswell as correcting any negative entries on your credit file.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)


Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.


923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE



Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)


If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site


Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...