I have moved address - should i tell my loan companies

pickaxejack
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4636 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello to anyone that can help. I have several loans which i have not made any repayments to for around 4/5 years. Had a bad car accident, nearly died, couldnt work for some time and ended up burying my head in the sand with my unsecxured loans and not paid anything for ages now. I want to try and get ontop of my finances having sorted my head out and grown up a bit. I have just moved in with my partner and we have a newborn baby.

My partner is unaware of the current loans i have ( i know i should come clean) but if i register on the council tax and electoral roll - does this mean that the loan companies will then contact me at the new address?

I want to deal with the loans and get in contact wih them becuase i want to put things right but i want to if possible keep it to myself, im worried that if i register on the electoral roll at tnew address all of a suddent may have debt collectors etc to heraddress and now my new address.

Also i need to registrer for working tax credits and im putting off doing this becuase of these existing loans. As i said i want to deal with them, not only becuase its the right thing to do but becuase i need to start trying to repair my credit rating so we can get a mortgage in the future (my credit rating is very bad now becuase of the loans)

So basically im trying to find out if i go onto the electoral roll and apply for working tax credits/child benefit will my exisitng loan companies then try to contact me at my new adress where my partner then may find of my debt situation. I wwould like to contact them myself and make offers of repayments but want the contact details to stay as they are.

Thank you for any advice.

Hello sillygirl1 - thank you very much for your reply - i appreciate your advice.

With regards to the loan companies getting in comntact with me at my new address - is that definately right - that when i register on the electoral roll at my partners address then loan company will then contact me at the new address? I only ask becuase ive been doing some research and a lot of places seem to say that they can only contact you at the address you have provided to them. Having said that theres comfliciting info as well to this. Hence my post on here. Obviously if i give them my new address then they will contact me but i dont intend on doing this i want to leave all correspondance going to my parents, my concern is will they or will they not contact me at my new address if i go onto the electoral roll and apply for working tax/child tax credits etc. I hope you dont my me asking again i just want to be 100% sure!

cheers:-)

When you change your bank details or go on the electoral roll the Credit Reference Agencies (CRAs) Experian, Equifax and Callcredit are notified and as they update THEIR files the data is updated on their 'friends' files ie the debt collecting agencies and other interested parties why subscribe to their 'alerts' system.

There is a "Prove It" letter in the files here you can use to ask them to prove you owe the debt, if they write back asking for further confirmation from you then tell them to get knotted... they are not entitled to passport info, bank statements, employee docs etc to confirm who you are.