BankFodder BankFodder

Blondmusic

BAYV Refuse to Repair Fridge Freezer as it is too old but still paying for it

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3142 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My boyfriend has been a customer with BAYV for many years and has a few essential domestic appliances with them.

The fridge freezer, which was bought in 2006, has stopped freezing food which for a family of 4 with 2 kids makes life extremely difficult for us. My boyfriend re-financed his agreement in to add more essential items in 2009/2009 so he is still paying for the Fridge Freezer.

BAYV have basically said its not their problem as the warranty has run out and have fobbed us off as they know nothing about the Supply of Goods Act 1973 even though I have quoted this to them on many occasions.

I am at the end of my tether and I would appreciate if Lefty could help me out here as I really want to get this mess sorted out. I don't see why my boyfriend should have to pay for a fridge freezer that does not work.

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

Thank you.

As your boyfriend's fridge freezer has been re-financed, it's still the property of Buy As You View, and he is only hiring it. Therefore the Supply of Goods (Implied Terms) Act 1973 requires it to be fit for the purpose, of satisfactory quality, and durable during the time it is on hire.

Besides, the average life span of a good quality f/freezer should be anything between 5 - 15 years (Mine is at LEAST 18 years old, and still going strong!

I'm sure Linda will take a good look at the problem, and will do her best to assist.

Please be kind enough to let us know how it pans out. I'm actually looking forward to the day when BAYV finally get to resolve a customer issue satisfactorily on here... !!!!!

Cheers

Lefty

• Haha 1

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

Please help to support this site with a small donation... every little helps...

CAG- The Nation's Weekly Info Store!

;)

Thank you Lefty. I will keep you informed.

how did this one pan out?