santander morgage fees

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4589 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ok, so im an old dog here finding it hard to learn new tricks as this site has become so huge.

had most of my fights but now i'm looking for a new one. :-)

Fallen on hard times, yet again, and wrote to Santander about charges added to my mortgage account.

Sent a letter about the charges pointing out the FSA fines on redstone mortgages and some german bank to reclaim my £120.

i received a letter back from them today and just wanted to share this with anyone that may be interested in the mortgage charge arena, or the argue with santander ring.

They said

"I'm afraid i have to disagree with you. The recent FSA ruling applied to mortgage exit fees only."

and yes they did underline "only"

with many thanks to Bankfodder, for this

Hot news for anyone who has suffered mortgage arrears charges, irresponsible lending or other unfair lender conduct

I've submitted a reply to them and sent the 20 page final notice on Redstone mortgages and the 15 page final notice on DB uk bank for their perusal:-D. Let's see how they get on.

As this is a big fat whopper of a fib i've decided to bypass the court system and let the FSA have a look at the letter sent to me.

Mairi

• 5 weeks later...

sorry its taken so long to get back to you Qleaper, got a I'm not sorry but here's your charges back letter at the end of the week. That was after sending them this:

REQUEST FOR REYPAYMENT OF CHARGES.

I refer to your letter dated 18/07/2011. Since writing to you about the £120 of excessive charges applied to our mortgage account, we have received a bill for a further (up to) £81.60, for an unwanted visit made to our property.

You may disagree with me on the recent FSA ruling applied to mortgage fees, but as you can see from the enclosed evidence printed off from the FSA site that I have enclosed for your perusal, they do not. It states categorically that both banks referred to in our last letter were both fined for,

“unfair and/or excessive charges whilst in arrears”.

Redstone Mortgages were also fined for “charging for field counsellor visits, or the right of the customer to refuse or cancel visit”.

If the charges on our account are not retuned along with the 8% statutory interest, and the fee for the field counsellor visit is applied to our account then we will forward our complaint to the FSA along with the letter you sent us, stating…… “I am afraid I have to disagree with you. The recent FSA ruling applied to mortgage exit fees only.” which is obviously untrue.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Sent them the FSA ruling as well. Hope you can make use of the above.

Mairi

• 3 weeks later...