DFS - Can I get my deposit Back

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4643 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

Thanks for your help in advance

I ordered a suite from DFS we were going to pay cash, sadly we had a household problem where we needed the cash we put aside for our new suite

We have ben told that we cant have our deposit back as the suite was intransit and made i ronic really as it was only 8 days after the initial order, we didnt really want to lose the suite so we went down the credit route but couldnt get credit.

So is it possible to get my deposit back?

Kind Regards

Nick

So is it possible to get my deposit back?

:whoo:

This a question that bewilders me, every time that it comes, which it often does.

Why in ordinary terms, would you expect to get a deposit back; why do you think you should?

A deposit is "Something, usually a sum of money, committed to another person's charge as a pledge for the performance of some contract, in part payment of a thing purchased" [Oxford English Dictionary]

Unless the deposit was especially intended as a holding deposit, not a part of a payment for goods, and the seller and the goods are OK, you are the one in breach of the contract, so could be sued for specific performance, forced to complete the purchase.