Barclaycard PPI - New Claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4641 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I am new to this forum and would appreciate some advice. I have a visa and mastercard credit card with barclaycard. I have had these cards from 2001. I have been paying payment protection from the beginning. I have all of my statements from 2001 to date.

I dont ever recall asking for PPI on either card, but dont have a copy of the agreement. I did cancel PPI on the mastercard 2 years ago, but I didnt do the same on the visa as I didnt really use it and didnt notice it was there, until recently. My question is can I claim right back to 2001 as both cards are active? If so is my next step to fill out Barclaycards own form? Any help would be great so I can get the ball rolling. Thanks in advance.

Hi

Yes you can claim on both of them.

It is good that you have all of your statements as you can calculate your claim straight away.

I've attached a spreadsheet that will do this for you. All you need to do is change the APR in the blue section to reflect the one being charged on your card. Then in the list section below the coloured bits, list each ppi payment you made. You only need to enter data in columns A, B and C, the rest of the calcs are done for you.

Then ust amend your personal details in the blue section.

I would ignore the Barclays questionnaire and download the consumer questionnaire from the fos website and use that one.

Then send your letter of claim together with the questionnaire and a copy of the spreadsheet to the lender. They will have 16 weeks to respond.

Regards

ims

CISheet.xls

oh! someone's in for a windfall!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for the quick responses. I will start to calculate what Im owed. Just out of interest can barclaycard be nasty and cancel my cards and demand immediate payment of the outstanding balance?

Also, how can I prove that I didnt ask for PPI? I cant honestly remember that far back. Thanks

Thanks for the quick responses. I will start to calculate what Im owed. Just out of interest can barclaycard be nasty and cancel my cards and demand immediate payment of the outstanding balance?

Also, how can I prove that I didnt ask for PPI? I cant honestly remember that far back. Thanks

Well...its your word against theirs and I bet it wasn't even mentioned when you applied for the card was it?

Also did they carry out a needs assessment to see if it was suitable? Were you asked about pre-existing medical conditions? Did you discuss your employment status?

I bet not.

In that case it was mis-sold.

Have a look at the list of criteria for mis-selling in the ppi stickies. There are usually a few of them that apply to most people. :wink:

I believe they are not allowed to take retaliatory action and can only apply the refund to any arrears on the account. The rest comes to you.

Regards

ims

Hi Ims.

Im just calculating my claim on the attachement that you sent . I could be being a bit thick here, but do I enter the current APR (24.9%) from my last statement (July 11). Its just that when i enter my first charge (£7.50 ) its calculating the compound interest at £65.88. Is that correct? Seems high.

Thanks Erin

Hi

Yep 24.9 is fine.

Compound interest mounts up very quickly and to a tidy sum.

I'm happy to check it for you...what was the date of the £7.50 payment?

Regards

ims

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

thats what i mean

you are in for a very big windfall.

and no they cannot cancel the card nor take any retalitory action

if they do, its a rather large fine

i'd do some reading in the BC forum

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Ims,

Sorry to bother you again. I cancelled the PPI on the mastercard in January 2007. Therefore when calculating the interest, do I put the APR as it is today or the rate it was when I ended the PPI in 2007?

Thanks Erin

Hi, I have been reading lots of cases on this site, however as I signed up for these credit cards in 2001, I really cant remember how the PPi was sold to me. Im really not sure what to say on the form. Can anyone please advise what to say on the fos questionairre. Thanks Erin

if you dont know the answer leave it blank

you dont HAVE to answer every one.

simply put sorry i do not remember .

dx

and they