Barclaycard ppi ..took out card 1995 but cancelled ppi in 2001 can i still claim ?

heather66
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4645 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can't find any relevant paperwork

but i first recieved my barclaycard in 1995 and paid ppi as i thought you had to at the time .. in 2000 i was made redundant ..( claimed on insurance for first month as unemployed ) but got a job within 3 weeks

after 5 months we were put on a month to month contract and left the job to go back to college ...and cancelled the PPI

i remember cancelling ppi payments around 2001 as (1) when reading the small print couldnt claim as i hadnt been in job long enough (2) ..wouldn't be able to claim as i was now a student .(3) ..also had ongoing back pain/condition so this would disqualify me if i claimed on sickness .....didnt know this till i read all the small print

..it was like house insurance i though you need it just in case and essential with credit card .

barclaycard Credit card was taken out via a salesman at holiday camp i was at .. must have been around 1995 and can't remember them mentioning ppi but i do remember paying it as part of monthly charge

Would i be able to try and reclaim misold PPI from this far back if i stopped paying ppi around 2001

Any advice would be appreciated

Hi

Yes you can reclaim.

First thing would be to send a Subject Acces Request to Barclaycard to get copy statements nd/or full transaction history. There is a cost of £10 whichmust be sent to them with the letter and they will have 40 days to comply.

Go to the fos website and download a consumer questionnaire ready for completion.

When you have your transaction history you will be able to prepare a schedule of claim and youwould submit this, together with a copy of your claim and the questionnaire to Barclaycard.

First thing is to get the SAR of to Barclaycard...there is a template in teh CAG library, the link to which is at the top of every CAG page.

Regards

ims

• Confused 1