• Tweets

• Rewrite a fresh particularised particulars of claim given that the court has ordered this.....lay it out as per the defendants statement format. You will have to submit an application notice N244 to change the defendants name....the fee will be £100.   Post a copy here of your intended particulars before submitting...you will have to conclude it with a statement of truth as you will be submitting it manually.Did the court give a date that this must be complied with ?   Andy
    • Not sure why the court hasn't got that 1st statement but the whole thing was a mishap anyway as the 1st call i had the judge had the wrong case.
    • I'm confused?   Are your posts from yesterday (concerning a claim against a national courier) connected with this thread (you suing a relative for non-payment of a loan) or something entirely different?   (I know you were criticised before for starting a new thread when you should just have continued the existing thread - suing your relative - but if this suing a national courier is entirely unrelated it ought to be a new thread.  You don't explain why it is a continuation of the existing thread.  Maybe it is, but you don't explain why...)
    • That is what i originally sent and the 2nd time asked what I'm claiming for which is what i sent in the 2nd statement. Shall i resend the 1st statement or rewrite and make it more detailed?.
    • strange question but this was a joint secured loan that you and he signed and the home is still jointly owed then and now? and who is your main mortgage with?   also who threatened ...Skye?    
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Making a pond bigger..... anyone done it?

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3369 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My pond is approx. 5ft x 3ft x 4ft and I want it BIGGER.... :madgrin:... probably about 9-12ft across.....

I was just wondering if anyone had done this and how it went. I'm assuming that I (although it won't be me) will have to dig a second hole and remove the fish and existing liner before joining it into the first hole and then laying fresh liner.

It's not for this year by the way.... it'll next year's mission! :-)

We did this in may of this year,we had to buy a new liner as they are not easy to join with out leaks.

The smaller pond was'nt to heavily stocked,we kept the fish in a large plastic tub while we carried out the work and they were fine.

The existing pond was about 6 x 4ft ,the new bigger one is now 14x 12,we wanted it bigger so we could keep larger Koi's,and add a waterfall.

It was worth the hard work,the end result is stunning,the fish have bred for the first time and we certainly have more fauna and flora in the garden because of it.

I would say go for it,we're pleased we did.

• Haha 1
We did this in may of this year,we had to buy a new liner as they are not easy to join with out leaks.

The smaller pond was'nt to heavily stocked,we kept the fish in a large plastic tub while we carried out the work and they were fine.

The existing pond was about 6 x 4ft ,the new bigger one is now 14x 12,we wanted it bigger so we could keep larger Koi's,and add a waterfall.

It was worth the hard work,the end result is stunning,the fish have bred for the first time and we certainly have more fauna and flora in the garden because of it.

I would say go for it,we're pleased we did.

That sounds fantastic!! :-) I've read that joining liners is a risky business, so would have to invest in a new one..... but I LOVE ponds and waterfalls, etc..... so really want to do it!!! I am currently clearing the area of undergrowth, etc. ready for next year and so I can assess the size available.

We dug the existing pond after having a small, pre-formed plastic one above the ground for a few years.... so it just seems to be gettng bigger and bigger.... lol! If you are able to upload some pics. onto here, I would love to see it!

:-)

I did something similar, mine pond was around 7 by 4, in front of a garage wall, i dont keep fish, mine is a wildlife pond full of newts, however at the narrowest end i built a stone slab for a bridge (only around 2 foot long.) i wanted to continue the pond around the back of the garage, to give an extra 7 by 6,back pond, i joined a new liner under this bridge, in the corner of the extra section at the back, there was an old birch tree stump, i could not get out, so i built on top of the stump a natural stone water fall. the birch tree has rotted away now, but the stone waterfall is very strong, sadly the pump blew the trip last week and is faulty. now there is duckweed in both ponds. the pump sucked water from the front pond through a pipe in the garage, and through a filter tub, then fed the waterfall, so the water is (Or was) flowing under the stone bridge, the front liner has a leak, but no time to replace at the moment, just to add its not easy to join the liner it is best if it is all one peice, but with mine, i joined it in a narrow place with an extra long peice of liner going under the bridge, with a flap that i can lift up to seperate the two ponds for maintenance. as it is more shallow under the bridge,good luck. Ro

Thanks for your input.... :-)

I was reading up on joining liners but don't feel confident enough to go ahead. My current liner is 10 years old now and I could use this to make a waterfall, so it's not wasted. I hope you get the pump sorted.... mine went last year and needed replacing. I got it off Ebay, brand new and at a fraction of the cost in shops and garden centres, so it's worth doing a search on there.

We decided to embark on the bigger pond as we found a little aquatic place selling all their stock off so the new liners were dirt cheap,the preformed waterfall was an ex-display so he let us have it for a hundred quid.

I'll find some pics and post them up it'll be the first time iv'e showed off our handywork lol.

Two thing bug me though blanket weed and leeches,we have thounsands of the little blighters.

We got a brand new UV bio filter off ebay for £60.00,all in all we did it pretty cheaply.

Here's the finished result.hope you enjoy and get the bug to expand your pond.my mobile pics 025.jpg

We still have to put some finishing touches to it but hubby's redundancy has put paid to that for now.

my mobile pics 023.jpg

my mobile pics 022.jpg

That is lovely!! Thanks for taking the time to upload these.... :-)

I'm not sure how to deal with leeches and don't have that problem myself.... so maybe I've got types of catfish that eat them or something..... but blanketweed can be a pain when the pond's in direct sunlight, as yours seems to be. Mine is the same but since having the UV filter on, it's kept it under control so hopefully, now you have the new equipment..... yours should start to get better. It needs to be left on for the full 24 hours during summer though.

You were lucky with the aquatic stock being sold cheap.... that's great. I've had quite a lot off Ebay and got may have a look for the liner when the time's right.

Well thank you for your positive comment my hubby will be pleased.

As you can tell we are quite proud of ourselves definatley a labour of love.

I have been looking at organic ways to ged rid of the leech,but finding a suitable container with small enough holes is difficult.

Googled it and the best way is a piece of liver in a plastic pot with tiny holes so once they feed on the liver they can't escape then you freeze them it's apparently the most humane way to kill them:???:,i just can't seem to get the holes small enough with out cracking the plastic.

It is in full sun we were thinking of putting an awning of some sort above it to cut the sun light,,onnce the pond lillies get alot bigger it should give more cover,hopefully the blanket weed will be a little easier to control,we've even put barley straw bales in the pond to combat it.

I'm so glad you liked it,we think it's quite an unusual design as it's walled on the front and over looks the patio.

Best of luck with your project,i hope to see some pics when your done.

Eeeewww.... that sounds horrible about the leeches.... rather you than me.... lol!

I used barley straw for the blanketweed a few years back but it didn't make a lot of difference. I think the key is to keep the water moving, have a UV filter and provide some shade, as you say. I have smaller lillies on my current pond and a waterfall that keeps it all moving, but before that.... the water was a lovely shade of green with clumps of blanketweed everywhere. Not good.

Eeeewww.... that sounds horrible about the leeches.... rather you than me.... lol!

I used barley straw for the blanketweed a few years back but it didn't make a lot of difference. I think the key is to keep the water moving, have a UV filter and provide some shade, as you say. I have smaller lillies on my current pond and a waterfall that keeps it all moving, but before that.... the water was a lovely shade of green with clumps of blanketweed everywhere. Not good.

Iv'e read up so much on the pond water quality and apparently it does'nt bother the fish if the water's pea green as long as it's oxgenated well,it bothers us humans because we can't see the fish :lol:

I like to be able to see them to keep an eye on any ailments they might pick up,so in that respect i feel clear water is in their best interest.

The barley was next to useless in a full sun pond,in our garden we are in full sun all day one reason we put next to the fence we hoped it would help with shading,did'nt work out that wat though.

I go out every morning to clear the blanket weed to help keep it down,i'm pretty sure without the UV it would be alot worse.

I've heard that about green water as well..... but it's so horrible to see!! :!: Clear water is so much nicer and you can see the fish colours and everything. I have 5 cats (insane yes, I know!) but none of them have EVER gone after the fish. They do go down to the pond for a drink though; despite having fresh water available all the time...... and it's a beautiful sight to see the fish swim right under their noses without a care in the world.... :-)

I think your blanketweed problem will get much better once the lillies have spread but for the moment, it sounds like a right b*gger!!

I've heard that about green water as well..... but it's so horrible to see!! :!: Clear water is so much nicer and you can see the fish colours and everything. I have 5 cats (insane yes, I know!) but none of them have EVER gone after the fish. They do go down to the pond for a drink though; despite having fresh water available all the time...... and it's a beautiful sight to see the fish swim right under their noses without a care in the world.... :-)

I think your blanketweed problem will get much better once the lillies have spread but for the moment, it sounds like a right b*gger!!

Aww thats so sweet,i can't have a cat hubby's alergic to them..............i have two dogs and the yorkie walks around the edge and lays on the wall watching the fish,we think he finds it as relaxing as we do......the german shepherd loves the water so we have to watch or he'll be in for a swim lol.

I did something similar, mine pond was around 7 by 4, in front of a garage wall, i dont keep fish, mine is a wildlife pond full of newts, however at the narrowest end i built a stone slab for a bridge (only around 2 foot long.) i wanted to continue the pond around the back of the garage, to give an extra 7 by 6,back pond, i joined a new liner under this bridge, in the corner of the extra section at the back, there was an old birch tree stump, i could not get out, so i built on top of the stump a natural stone water fall. the birch tree has rotted away now, but the stone waterfall is very strong, sadly the pump blew the trip last week and is faulty. now there is duckweed in both ponds. the pump sucked water from the front pond through a pipe in the garage, and through a filter tub, then fed the waterfall, so the water is (Or was) flowing under the stone bridge, the front liner has a leak, but no time to replace at the moment, just to add its not easy to join the liner it is best if it is all one peice, but with mine, i joined it in a narrow place with an extra long peice of liner going under the bridge, with a flap that i can lift up to seperate the two ponds for maintenance. as it is more shallow under the bridge,good luck. Ro

Sounds lovely,how do you encourage the newts,friends have them in their pond and they live quite happily alongside the fish.

We have two frogs, plenty of water bugs, pond skaters and damsel flies visit.

Maybe we'll get some in residence in time as it's a relativley young pond due to the expansion.