• Tweets

• I've just seen your new post. A letter before action is the same as a letter of claim. You don't need a template. You simply need to inform the garage that the vehicle you bought has developed X defect, Y defect, Z defect. He has already been informed of them and given an opportunity to repair and he has either refused the chance to repair or else he has attempted the repair and it has failed – whichever is the case and so under the consumer rights act you are asserting your right to reject the vehicle and you want him to make the appropriate arrangements to collect the vehicle and to refund you the purchase price – plus any associated losses – and if he does not do so within 14 days then you will sue him in the County Court and without any further notice. Don't make this threat if you're not serious about going ahead with it. On day 15 issue the papers. In the intervening 14 days register with money claim and start preparing your particulars of claim. You can post them here if you want us to check them. Whatever you do, on day 15 you send them the good news
    • Well done Shelley. I'll amend your thread title.   HB
    • I'm afraid that your story is rather overlong. It would have been easier to understand it all if there had been less of a narrative and more of a bullet pointed chronology of facts. Although you informed the dealer within 30 days that there was a problem, the Consumer Rights Act requires that there be a clear and unambiguous assertion of your short-term right to reject the vehicle. It doesn't appear to me that you have done this. This isn't a problem at all because you are still well within six months. I understand that you have given them an opportunity to repair and that you have now rejected the vehicle. This is enough to trigger your rights under the Consumer Rights Act as long as the defects which you are complaining about are sufficient to render the vehicle as less than satisfactory quality. As I say, I haven't read through the detail of your story and I certainly haven't looked at all of the PDFs that you have apparently uploaded but I get the impression that you have been quite meticulous in keeping records. I've looked at the Google reviews of Elite and I have to say it doesn't bode very well. https://www.google.com/search?q=Elite+Preowned+Vehicles&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB822GB822&oq=Elite+Preowned+Vehicles&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l2j69i60j69i61l2.575j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#lrd=0x47d8aa4f43f644d7:0x8e93221101489523,1,,,  There is no trust pilot page for them as yet. Maybe you would like to attend to that. You say that the dealer is fond of using social media so that kind of thing is important. Site team member@dx100uk has already suggested that you issue a letter of claim and that certainly seems the way to go although if you are driven to actually mount a claim and presented in court that I hope you won't mind me suggesting that you need to stop being a little bit more economical about the way you present your case. Just in case there is any debate over the defects which have been discovered and their significance then if you haven't done this already, you should make sure that you have got assessments and even quotations for the work from independent garages.
    • Hello dx100uk. Thanks for your attention and help with this. You had an even later night than me! I clicked on the 'letter before action' link which you kindly gave me. This took me to BankFodder's post 'Small Claims actions in the County Court FAQ - work in progress' which I have read through and also the 'Pre-Action Protocol' and 'Letter of Claim' links. I couldn't find reference to a Letter Before Action or is this the same as a Letter Of Claim? Also, my rejection letter already mentioned a 14 day period (taking us to 05/08/2019) for him to get back to me. Is it ok to send a Letter Before Action now? I only ask as I wouldn't want this to be viewed dimly by the court if it goes that far. I do understand that I need to take action as soon as possible so these are just a few clarification questions. I shall google for some Letter Before Action Templates and put something together. Thanks again.
  • Our picks

Super Saints

Epm power-funding brokers fee??? Who are they? Please help

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2683 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am with Halifax but they told me they couldn't do anything for six months

Frank Thaxter OAP

Hi Frank Thaxter,

Go into Halifax branch and ask them to put in offical complaint for you. They will take your details and explain what has happened. I did get them to refund me. Also open new account so that this company dont have access to your account again.

Secondly read other threads here and get after the people who took your money. There are always they will refund you if the bank doesnt. You are in your rights to get this money back, be strong and know there are people here in the same boat that can help and support you.

Good Luck

NATIONWIDE:

WON - 26/10/06

FULL REFUND - WITHIN 7 DAYS OF MCOL

Acknowledged - 25/10/06

MCOL Issued - 24/10/06

MCOL Sent - 23/10/06

LBA sent 01/09/06

Prelim Sent - 07/08/06

BARCLAYS BANK:

AQ sent 25/1/07

Defended on last day possible.

MCOL - Issued 13/12/06

MCOL- Sent 12/12/06

S.A.R - Sent - 25/10/2006

S/Ment rec - 4/11/06

Prelim sent - 6/11/06

BARCLAYS LOAN:

BLACK HORSE:

SETTLED IN FULL

CCA to get loan agreement info - Sent - 25/10/06

Prelim sent PPI + Charges 11/11/06

CAPITAL ONE

Prem sent 11/12/06

S/Ments Rec - 5/12/06

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) - Sent - 9/11/06

Wow can't believe so many people in the same boat as me.

I had an interesting call to some snot face cow who told me I was not entitled to a refund as I had "apparently" registered to the site in september and its way past the 14 days so I asked why they had only noy taken the cash she told me it was so I could have time to possibly find a loan else where WTF

I am also a single parent and am now short for the week

Something really has to be done and if needed I will put my case across to who ever I need to to put an end to this

Super saints I will gladly help out with your case for watchdog x

Hi this happen to me as well from this company EPM powermoney who are they they took £69.75 do I need to stop transaction on my card now before they take anything else out

Sorry Jack to be completely safe you need a new bank account...

the problem with this type of broker [problem] is that they use the continued authorised payment which the bank says they have no control over to get round taking payments - please don't let them keep helping themselves

Edited by asmilecostsnothing

Happy to share my experience but for your own protection, please check and double check what myself and other Caggers inform

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.”

:-)

i've had the same had £69.75 go out of my account and getting the run around

try looking on the net for a number to ring like i got told with no luck.

to change my account not that easy as it a buissness account on top of that its now holding me up to tax my van.

it a joke that they can just take money for no reason and i havn't even applied for any loans :-x

Hi vicky

Thanks for your post, I have phoned my bank back but they are still refusing to refund me? They say ive signed up to a service and that the company are entitled to take a fee. Ive stopped my card but they also told me that they are still able take to take payments after my card is stopped and if i dont pay they could write to me and demand payment and if i dont pay they could get a debt collector to chase me.

I would be very grateful if you could post info you get as im going into my local branch on thursday as im not happy with the responce ive been given.

Thanks again for all your help

hi i have at the same problem with the same people they have taken money from my account and the bank has refunded it too me but then took the money back as they told me they had the right to take it,. i went to the bank with my father and they told me that they would ask the people that took the money for a voucher reciept this has to have all my card information on if it doesnt then it will be looked at as fraud and they will then have to refund me everything back to the bank. so go to your bank and tell them that you want a voucher reciept from them to confirm that they have all your details if they dont it is fraud give it a try it will take up to 45 days but if it is fraud wait. i am waiting stil on the 45 days. hope this helped you

Hi everyone, i too had £67.59 taken from my account last week, which the money was for my daughter birthday present. I contacted my bank and they had told me it was from a company called ' your-money.tv' and the bank told me that they couldnt stop the payment and i would have to contact the company. After nearly an hour of trying to find the company's phone number i contacted them and they said that i had signed up with them and the money that had been taken was a membership fee. So i argued with them saying i knew nothing about it and that i did not authorise the payment. They said they had an electronic signiture and contract, so i asked if they could send me a copy of it in the post and they turned round and said that they couldnt and i would have to go through the data protection act. They also said that if i wanted to cancel my membership and have a refund then i would have to send a written request but said that they could take legal action......the bloody cheek!!!!

Since i got nowhere with them i contacted my bank and they have cancelled my card even though i said that would still be able to take money out of my account online as i would still have the same account number and sort code.......not very helpful at all.........The bank did say that they would refund the money and investigate the company but the said if all the details this company has got matches with my details i would have to pay the refund back.........well of course it is going to be my details as they took it out of my bank.....

By this time im furious, so i decide to contact my solicitor.........he has told me to call the company back and demand a contract to be sent out as i have every right as im the data provider, he then said if they still wont budge to report it to the police and fair trading, consumer rights and if nothing is resolved in a week then to contact him back and take it further.......

If i was you i would consider taking legal action as i didnt get anywhere with the company in question nor my bank....

hope this helps

As much as I sympathise with all this, it is plain enough on the site:

powerloan.jpg

There are many who think they have found a way around regulations and call it a 'membership fee'.

It would be on a par with private parking, the number who pay up and not claim back far outway those that do so a nice little earner.

This company charge £69 to become a 'member' with no guarantee of a loan.....PLEASE READ THIS - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13604411.they are also trading in the UK without a valid credit licence.

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Welcome to Consumer Action Group

'Challenges are what makes life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.'

Joshua J. Marine

1) CLAIM BACK ALL PENALTY CHARGES CLICK HERE

2) CLAIM BACK ALL MIS-SOLD PPI CLICK HERE

3) COMPOUNDED CONTRACTUAL INTEREST CLICK HERE

4) REQUEST CCA FROM CREDITOR CLICK HERE

5) OFT- UNENFORCEABLE AGREEMENTS CLICK HERE

6) CAREY V HSBC (2009) CLICK HERE

7) DON'T BE BULLIED BY CREDITORS / DCA's CLICK HERE

8) IN DEBT DON'T PANIC CLICK HERE

9) FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT CLICK HERE

10) SALE OF GOODS ACT-EDUCATE YOUR RETAILER CLICK HERE

11) DISTANCE SELLING-EDUCATE YOR RETAILERCLICK HERE

12) SOGA SUMMARY CLICK HERE

13) WHICH? TEMPLATES [/url]CLICK HERE

14) DOES YOU BANK TREAT YOU FAIRLY BCOBSCLICK HERE

15) EVERYTHING HOUSING CLICK HERE

16) UTILITY BACKBILLING CLICK HERE

17) OFGEM - COMPLAINTSCLICK HERE

18) OFCOM - COMPLAINTS CLICK HERE

DON'T GIVE UP, THIS SITE WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH GUIDANCE AND EMPOWERMENT

Don't forget to donate to this site

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers

Looks like EPM are at it again. I have had £59.94 taken from my account from EPM your-money.tv I have called their office, emailed them with no satifactory responses from either. Their website has vanished today, rip off [problematic]! On the phone i was told i registered back in March 2011 and they have being trying to take money since then but no funds have been available, what a load of rubbish! Strange that it was March 2011 when EPM EZE loans took £70 out of my account.

Halifax will not help, i have just been advised to close my account or they can continue to take money! I will be writing to the headoffice address they have given me, but not holding out much hope!

Their head office address is 4200 waterside centre, solihull parkway, birmingham, b37 7yn.

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Halifax have just said they have to wait for 15 working days after the payment, to give EPM time to refund the money, although i know they wont.

After these 15 days they will open a dispute claim, not sure if this is the same things?

Does it make a difference that i have a visa electron, rather than a regular visa debit card? Thanks