• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Epm power-funding brokers fee??? Who are they? Please help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4420 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am with Halifax but they told me they couldn't do anything for six months

Frank Thaxter OAP

Hi Frank Thaxter,

Go into Halifax branch and ask them to put in offical complaint for you. They will take your details and explain what has happened. I did get them to refund me. Also open new account so that this company dont have access to your account again.

Secondly read other threads here and get after the people who took your money. There are always they will refund you if the bank doesnt. You are in your rights to get this money back, be strong and know there are people here in the same boat that can help and support you.

Good Luck

NATIONWIDE:

WON - 26/10/06

FULL REFUND - WITHIN 7 DAYS OF MCOL

Acknowledged - 25/10/06

MCOL Issued - 24/10/06

MCOL Sent - 23/10/06

LBA sent 01/09/06

Prelim Sent - 07/08/06

BARCLAYS BANK:

AQ sent 25/1/07

Defended on last day possible.

MCOL - Issued 13/12/06

MCOL- Sent 12/12/06

S.A.R - Sent - 25/10/2006

S/Ment rec - 4/11/06

Prelim sent - 6/11/06

BARCLAYS LOAN:

BLACK HORSE:

SETTLED IN FULL

CCA to get loan agreement info - Sent - 25/10/06

Prelim sent PPI + Charges 11/11/06

CAPITAL ONE

Prem sent 11/12/06

S/Ments Rec - 5/12/06

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) - Sent - 9/11/06

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow can't believe so many people in the same boat as me.

I had an interesting call to some snot face cow who told me I was not entitled to a refund as I had "apparently" registered to the site in september and its way past the 14 days so I asked why they had only noy taken the cash she told me it was so I could have time to possibly find a loan else where WTF

I am also a single parent and am now short for the week

Something really has to be done and if needed I will put my case across to who ever I need to to put an end to this

Sorry Jack to be completely safe you need a new bank account...

the problem with this type of broker [problem] is that they use the continued authorised payment which the bank says they have no control over to get round taking payments - please don't let them keep helping themselves

Edited by asmilecostsnothing

Happy to share my experience but for your own protection, please check and double check what myself and other Caggers inform

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.”

:-)

• 3 weeks later...

i've had the same had £69.75 go out of my account and getting the run around

try looking on the net for a number to ring like i got told with no luck.

to change my account not that easy as it a buissness account on top of that its now holding me up to tax my van.

it a joke that they can just take money for no reason and i havn't even applied for any loans :-x

• 1 month later...
Hi vicky

Thanks for your post, I have phoned my bank back but they are still refusing to refund me? They say ive signed up to a service and that the company are entitled to take a fee. Ive stopped my card but they also told me that they are still able take to take payments after my card is stopped and if i dont pay they could write to me and demand payment and if i dont pay they could get a debt collector to chase me.

I would be very grateful if you could post info you get as im going into my local branch on thursday as im not happy with the responce ive been given.

Thanks again for all your help

hi i have at the same problem with the same people they have taken money from my account and the bank has refunded it too me but then took the money back as they told me they had the right to take it,. i went to the bank with my father and they told me that they would ask the people that took the money for a voucher reciept this has to have all my card information on if it doesnt then it will be looked at as fraud and they will then have to refund me everything back to the bank. so go to your bank and tell them that you want a voucher reciept from them to confirm that they have all your details if they dont it is fraud give it a try it will take up to 45 days but if it is fraud wait. i am waiting stil on the 45 days. hope this helped you

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, i too had £67.59 taken from my account last week, which the money was for my daughter birthday present. I contacted my bank and they had told me it was from a company called ' your-money.tv' and the bank told me that they couldnt stop the payment and i would have to contact the company. After nearly an hour of trying to find the company's phone number i contacted them and they said that i had signed up with them and the money that had been taken was a membership fee. So i argued with them saying i knew nothing about it and that i did not authorise the payment. They said they had an electronic signiture and contract, so i asked if they could send me a copy of it in the post and they turned round and said that they couldnt and i would have to go through the data protection act. They also said that if i wanted to cancel my membership and have a refund then i would have to send a written request but said that they could take legal action......the bloody cheek!!!!

Since i got nowhere with them i contacted my bank and they have cancelled my card even though i said that would still be able to take money out of my account online as i would still have the same account number and sort code.......not very helpful at all.........The bank did say that they would refund the money and investigate the company but the said if all the details this company has got matches with my details i would have to pay the refund back.........well of course it is going to be my details as they took it out of my bank.....

By this time im furious, so i decide to contact my solicitor.........he has told me to call the company back and demand a contract to be sent out as i have every right as im the data provider, he then said if they still wont budge to report it to the police and fair trading, consumer rights and if nothing is resolved in a week then to contact him back and take it further.......

If i was you i would consider taking legal action as i didnt get anywhere with the company in question nor my bank....

hope this helps

As much as I sympathise with all this, it is plain enough on the site:

powerloan.jpg

There are many who think they have found a way around regulations and call it a 'membership fee'.

It would be on a par with private parking, the number who pay up and not claim back far outway those that do so a nice little earner.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks like EPM are at it again. I have had £59.94 taken from my account from EPM your-money.tv I have called their office, emailed them with no satifactory responses from either. Their website has vanished today, rip off [problematic]! On the phone i was told i registered back in March 2011 and they have being trying to take money since then but no funds have been available, what a load of rubbish! Strange that it was March 2011 when EPM EZE loans took £70 out of my account.

Halifax will not help, i have just been advised to close my account or they can continue to take money! I will be writing to the headoffice address they have given me, but not holding out much hope!

Their head office address is 4200 waterside centre, solihull parkway, birmingham, b37 7yn.

Halifax have just said they have to wait for 15 working days after the payment, to give EPM time to refund the money, although i know they wont.

After these 15 days they will open a dispute claim, not sure if this is the same things?

Does it make a difference that i have a visa electron, rather than a regular visa debit card? Thanks