Red Light Offence

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4607 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

im a new driver and have only held my licence for 11 months.

I'm a good driver.

last night on my way home from work at the junction prior my home i was pulled over.

The officre got out of his car came up to my car and asked me to step out of the vehicle.

He asked me:

where have i been tonight... - i replied I'm coming back from woring in the One Crown pub.

if i knew why he had stopped me? .....- i did not have a clue

said i ran a red light. .......(I find that hard to believe).

asked if i was colourblind - i said no.

said it was a blatent red... he asked me to look at the colour of the light ( now in the opp direction) and asked what colour is that?

i responded red and he said so why did i go through a red light. - i though the lights were green.

I do not jump lights.

he issued me a ticket and wanted me to take out my licence.

he walked me to the passanger side door of my car and i took out my licence.

he said go sit in your car and he will draw up the ticket.

when back to his car and him and three other offices in the car drew up the ticket.

He came back to the driver side car window and explained the ticket to me.

I asked him if i could appeal this as i am sure i did not go through a red light as i am a good driver even though im a new driver.

He said i can appeal this but it is my word against him and the other officers and i could end up with more point and a larger fine so it is not worth it.

I said is there any way this can be just a telling off and the ticket can be voided.

i really did not want 3 points on my licence.

He said he could not because i jumped a red light and that his first thought was that the driver may have beeen drunk.

the ticket was issued and here i am.

I dont get that i was not breathalised (not that this makes a difference to the acclaimed offence) but i did say i was coming home from pub. I also notice that the ticket has a error on it and says that i am driving a manual car which is incorrect as i only have a automatic licence and surly this should have been noticed when the offier was looking at my details.

What should i do? ibelivere the two offers were just out to book someone. I was the target as i was alone driver so i do not have any witnesses.

Hi What has colour blindness got to do with it ? Everyone knows (should know) that the red light is at the top :) Anyway a freind of mine had the same happen to him however he did appeal against his and lost !!!!!! think it might be best to take the fine and points (sorry) did they have a camra in the car ? as for the messed up ticket dont think that would help you out in your defence. Some one might tell you something diffrent though so dont just take my answer Good luck GH

:) HFO fan club member :) HFO V GLORYHUNTER ( WON ) :)

0 - 1

thanks GH.

The thing that im so [[EDIT] about is that the officer made a point that i blatently jumped the red, that he though i was drunk,

when i said i was coming home from working in a pub did not breathalize me,

then he made the mistake on the vehicle information.

The officer has said im not paying attention but he was clearly paying attention himself

also what is offence code 600

Edited by chilli_bird
extra info

Hi GH what happenend when your friend appelaed and lost? did he get more points added or did the original penalty stay? did he only have an automatic licence but was told on the ticket he was driving a manual which in my oppion is breaking the law as well. just a few questions i would like help on as my situation is contradicting itself

M&J are right cant find a driving offence code 600 !!!!!!

I think the police did not test you for alcohol becuse they could not smell any on

! HAD YOU HAD A DRINK ?

mate's fine was higher after he lost not much higer but still more than if he would of took the fix pen!!!!GH

0 - 1

i think you are bringing other things in here and confusing the issue.

the officers observed a car going thought a red light,

that is reason enough to stop you

they suspected, being the time of night it could be a DND

when they then were able to be near you, it was p'haps obvious you had not been drinking [no smell on your breathe etc etc]

they then issued a red light ticket.

you might well be a good driver [everyone says that]

but sadly, i would accept it.

notsure where you are

but i would suspect CCTV

would confirm it

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Code 600 is simply a local internal police process code written onto the fixed penalty notice and has nothing to do with the ultimate endorsement.

As is being hinted at by others attempting to defend an issue flowing from a roadside stop by the police is always difficult and absent some stunning piece of evidence (which you do not appear to have - certainly nothing appears as such in your posts) to confirm your account then you are not going to win.

As hard and unpleasant it will be to swallow it will be easier than going through the stress and aggravation of a court case only to be convicted at the end of it and have to pay at least double that the FPN carries and quite possibly more. Why?

Fine (let's just say it mirrors the FPN) - £60 but this will be based on your pay and could well be far more.

Costs (for an early guilty plea - more if you actually plead "Not Guilty") - £43-£58

Victim Support Levy (can't be avoided) £15

Minimum amount you are going to pay if you go to court = £118.

Hi.

Light was not Red. Does not matter what the coppers say. No cctv on lights so there word agains mine. IF i was drinking and had vodka you would not be able to smell it on my breath. It's sod's law. If infomation issued was incorrect on the ticket surly this would make the ticket invalid. The other officer (female) did not come out the car at all. It all so fustrating that people are becoming victims of non offences.I was alone in the car so do not have a leg to stand on.

chilli-bird,

There do appear to be some inconsistences in your post.

You first stated that there were four more officers in the car, 'him and three other offices in the car' but then referred to the 'two officers' and in a subsequent post that 'The other officer (female).....'

Were they following you? Were they parked and then came behind you, or were they coming from another road on the junction and had to brake as you came across in front of them? As you must be wrong about the number of officers involved, (see above paragraph) is it possible that you are also wrong about the lights. It can be easy to misjudge changing lights at night if there is no traffic and think that you can continue on amber but end up crossing the white line on red.

As you refer to them as 'coppers' I suspect that you do not have a great deal of respect for Police Officers. Without wishing to open a can of worms for other caggers with their own agenda, what possible benefit would there be for the officer to write you a false fixed penalty ticket?

Edited by Gick
spacing

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

I mean 'The Other officer' not 'Three other officerse' sorry it's been a fustrating day. I did not mean any offence buy using the term 'coppers'. its just that I'm very fustrated. I was calm and respectful throughout when stopped and apologies to anyone who has been offended.

As to the below questions

**Were they following you?** Dont know could have been. When i left the pub two offices saw me walk out and go to my car?

**Were they parked and then came behind you-** did not see any car parked up and then pull up behind me?

**or were they coming from another road on the junction and had to brake as you came across in front of them?** No. when i drove past the junction i say the car behind had right indecators then they changed and followed me with blue flashes.

**what possible benefit would there be for the officer to write you a false fixed penalty ticket?** i wish i had an answer to this.

there will be cameras on the lights even screamers too.

as all police cars have on board video

do you really think they would be stupid enough to make this up

they would lose their jobs.

sorry but something smells here.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

there will be cameras on the lights even screamers too.

as all police cars have on board video

do you really think they would be stupid enough to make this up

they would lose their jobs.

sorry but something smells here.

dx

Hi DX think you will find not all police cars have video depends if it was a traffic car or a bobby on his beat in his ford focus :)

0 - 1

a beat car would not be doing that

it appears to me this was an unmarked car?

if so it will have cameras

we still dont know the area

but 3 bobbies in a car makes me think it was not just a beat car

something just does not sit right with this whole story...

dx

and they

Regardless of if the police car had a camera/video or not, three police in the car against you in yours you ain't going to win! As old snowy says it will cost you more to lose in court! Unless you have CCTV footage of you going through the lights on green?

As harsh as you believe it may be its best to accept the offer of the FPN!

The Auto/manual mistake would only be relevant if it was relevant to the offence!