SANTANDER have not renewed our bank cards due to poor credit rating i believe :(

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4643 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi not sure im in right place as not debt industry, but ive been on here for my debt concerns and caggers are the best....

My hubby's card from our joint account expired last week. i rang today to see where it is, and they inform me one hasnt been ordered, and didnt have any reasons,... i dont have a card, my number for my card is stored in my head:wink: so i suggested she order me a card, uh oh nor me can said it might be credit rating blahh blahh... didnt have any letters saying that would happen. this yr i was lucky enough to get lumbered with a CCJ for our old HFO friends, im guessing thats why toppled with the fact im £200 in arrears with mortgage and will have that paid in october. this account has been live for about 15 yrs, they never a great bank, but to not allow us a bank card is swallox :( we have a £1500 overdraft also with them, they say a card can be removed whenever as can an overdraft, worried now they gonna stop all our money, hubby doesnt quite earn that in a month and we rely im working but self employed and its hard struggle each day, im really fed up of just being kicked when we down as it is

When you say bank cards.. are you meaning debit or credit cards ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

It our debit cards, hubbys expired on 31/7 and they arent reissuing a new one :(.... hubby just had to go to branch, they will only let him have £50 cash out as cards expired, ive £170 in there and can transfer to another account i have for business (dont really want to get my business account involved, altho only has £18 in it, just its not money id be getting from a client lets say is it!)...transfer going to take 4 working days, why cant santander just be normal bank with faster payments, i can transfer easily from my halifax in seconds :(

Got too much control over money you have worked hard for!

UPDATE!...as i have a CCJ they wont allow us a 'debit' card, they are ordering hubby an electron card...not happy tho they didnt inform us kick a person when ur down so BEWARE anyone with CCJ's impending!

Edited by melmumof3

That's disgusting, I'd ditch Satan's Bank straight away, £50 quid is not enough to pay for food shopping or even fill the tank with diesel. A bank account without a debit card is no use in this day and age, even worse if you can't draw enough money to live on. Is that even allowed, I can draw £300 cash a time with my debit card with no limit of what I spend and no limit on cash withdrawals over £300 at the counter. My credit is realy bad I owe loads (to everyone but my bank) but I have access to what I need to live on.

BTW if your business account is with the same bank I'd move that to.

Time to dump santander and set up a parachute account to get your next set of wages in and dds set up, once done then contact santander to organise an ammount you can afford to pay towards the overdraft, but only do it when monies and dds are protected elsewhere and cancelled from prior account.

You see they could be nasty and remove the odraft at will and then swallow your wages without paying any dds, leaving you to have to fight.

Better move now to protect yourself.

The co op are pretty good and have cashminder bank accout with allows debit card, but you can take 250.00 a day out of it and pay online and etc........

But whatever acct your choose you will have removed the risk of santanders next possible move xx :)

Edited by watchinginvestigation2011
removed electron as found my card is visa debit card after all :)

Yes I'd recomend the Co-Op I have them (I thought the limit was £300, but I'll stand corrected) the even gave my sone an account with a proper Visa Debit card (not an electron) and he was an undischarged bunkrupt.

No your probably right, I havnt checked the limits in a while so presumed still 250.00. Easy to check when signing up though.

ps. Op you can apply on line and its pretty quick xx :)

Hey would you credit it :)

Just checked my bank card and I had not noticed it is a proper visa debit card after all and thats the cashminder basic bank account.

Where did I get electron from? Perhaps it was my first year card with them, who knows, but good news any how xx

xx:)

Best of luck op :)

It our debit cards, hubbys expired on 31/7 and they arent reissuing a new one :(.... hubby just had to go to branch, they will only let him have £50 cash out as cards expired, ive £170 in there and can transfer to another account i have for business (dont really want to get my business account involved, altho only has £18 in it, just its not money id be getting from a client lets say is it!)...transfer going to take 4 working days, why cant santander just be normal bank with faster payments, i can transfer easily from my halifax in seconds :(

I dont think they can leave you without any atm type card.. if only to be able to use to draw money out. But I think you have been given good advice to change banks as soon as you can.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Mel

So sorry you are having these problems, Santander really are crap! Good advice to get hubby a Co-Op account and get everything moved ASAP

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

ahhhhh thankyou guys and dolls, sorry didnt come back was sooo busy this weekend and stressed to max will sort account out today hubby dont get paid next until 25th aug, but i do have both my child benefit and tax credit go in so hope they dont stop that tomoz :(

they have ordered hubby an electron card, but like i said to him i dont think an electron account allows a £1500 od, so annoyed i got a CCJ as lost a case against hfo capital, i had previously won too, but they appealed and i lost it, been sooo stupid sooo soo stupid, didnt honestly think it even affects a bank account, i just feel like selling my home and renting, but even our £400 pm mortgage we dont struggle on but living costs are just ridiculous, and renting costs are extortionate i imagine...

we dont live an extravangant life, well having 2 cars seems to be a luxury nowadays and we just thinking we might have to sell one as its just soooo expensive omg am i just whinging or is it really hurting... the cost of living now?

ahhhhh thankyou guys and dolls, sorry didnt come back was sooo busy this weekend and stressed to max will sort account out today hubby dont get paid next until 25th aug, but i do have both my child benefit and tax credit go in so hope they dont stop that tomoz :(

they have ordered hubby an electron card, but like i said to him i dont think an electron account allows a £1500 od, so annoyed i got a CCJ as lost a case against hfo capital, i had previously won too, but they appealed and i lost it, been sooo stupid sooo soo stupid, didnt honestly think it even affects a bank account, i just feel like selling my home and renting, but even our £400 pm mortgage we dont struggle on but living costs are just ridiculous, and renting costs are extortionate i imagine...

we dont live an extravangant life, well having 2 cars seems to be a luxury nowadays and we just thinking we might have to sell one as its just soooo expensive omg am i just whinging or is it really hurting... the cost of living now?

the cost of living always goes up faster than my salary .....which seems to be every year it's getting dearer....lol

and as for get kicked when your down...been there got several -T-shirts like many more have on here i guess....it will get better....just coming out of I time when we were in the same boat as your self, and only had an electron & basic bank account....and kept kicking myself for being daft with money

it will get better....

I learn't my lesson with deb't though....i have noe finally two credit cards (both start @ £200)...both now £2,000 each which i asked them to be capped at ..i only use one and it i paid off at the end of each month (never more than a couple of hundred on it)....the other card is for emergencies

but your certainly in the right place here...I only wish i had found CAG sooner

Edited by adenjago