permtted work while on incapacity benefit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4070 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have heard that its possible to do permitted work while on incapacity benefit, by way of seeing if a person is capable of takin on any work, and that you can do this for up to 52 weeks, i am unclear on how this affects benefits being paid and on h/b and c/t benefits also....and what happens if unable to continue with the work?....

• 1 year later...

A local lady who is still on the old Incapacity Benefit, and due an ESA assessment in July, wants to do some voluntary work at her local church, I think its admin duties, arranging transport for elderly for appts etc....she wasn't aware that she needed to tell the dwp, am sure she is supposed to? its only a matter of a few hours per week, and am wondering if any of the new changes in April will change any regs on this?. I offered to ask on here for her as to what she should be doing re dwp.

thankyou, yes I wasn't sure if that was the case, she has a good heart and I would hate to see her get into bother. she is about 10yrs older than me so I would imagine will be retirement age next year.

She does need to inform them, yes. I read somewhere that under UC, you can't do permitted work. Will try to find a link for you.

Please do! Things may have changed but I was under the impression that Permitted Work would expand under UC from a 1 year limit to limitless. But that was a while ago ...

Permitted work

There is no permitted work under UC. Instead you will be encouraged to do some work, even if only for a few hours a week, if you can manage it. There will be no time limit to how many weeks you work.

However there are special rules which affect whether you can get the limited capability for work (LCW) element or the limited capability for work and work-related activity (LCWRA) element if your weekly earnings are 16 times the national minimum wage.

From - http://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/f55.htm

It's under Part 3 near the end.

well I saw her today and advised she check out whats what...her son is gonna look into it for her. she was glad I told her anyway.