How can I get the VATman to accept the real world situation?

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3279 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am trying to get a failing Limited Company struck off by Companies House and have sent Form DSO1 to all creditors. Only HMRC have objected to this and I seem to be making some headway regarding both a perceived Corporation Tax and PAYE liability going back several years - but getting no where with the VATman over VAT "owed" due to their wrong assessments.

I have explained my former book-keeper kept all my records (i.e. she didn't give them back to me) when I told her I needed to dispense with her services due to lack of affordability. She worked from home and has now moved and I have no means of contacting her.

The VAT man wants all outstanding returns filled in - even if the VAT due on them can't be paid. I am trying to get back on my feet and earn a living as a Sole Trader - but simply don't have the base info needed to fill in these forms - or to deregister via VAT 7 form. In any case it would all be a waste of time as there are no funds to pay any liability calculated.

The HMRC Corporation Tax and PAYE arms of HMRC seem to be beginning to grasp the reality - and the nonsense of insisting on pointless paperwork being completed - but not those working for the VAT part of HMRC. They are even threatening to waste even more public money in farming this out to a DCA - all for a perceived VAT laibility of about £1200! The actual liability will be nearer £400 - if I could get my records to prove this - and even that exceeds the Company's assets - which now consist solely of one 5-year old lap top and a broken HP deskjet!

I have an outstanding director's loan of about £40k and am by far the Company's biggest creditor. I have billed the Company over the years for my time as a Sole Trader (not as a PAYE employee) and have always paid my own Income Tax in full on time on such billings. I am aware I can put any Director's loan written off against either future Income or Capital Gains to reduce such Tax Liabilities otherwise due (The prospect of any Capital Gain is just a laugh in the current bank-created negative equity climate!)

Has anyone got any experience of how to get this all resolved, get CH to strike off the Company and let me get on with my life?

BD

£50k saved and £7k charges refunded:

MBNA & A&L 35% F&F direct - saved £23k. Birmingham Midshires £1700 charges refunded

Abbey Loan/BCW 50% - saved £2k. Barclaycard/CSL 40% - saved £6k

Monument/DCA 35% - saved £1k. LTSB/Wescot 50% - saved £4k

HBOS Visa £5k charges refund via Blair Oliver Scott

RBS Direct Line/(genuine) solicitors June 2010 40% - saved £3k

Morgan Stanley/Aktiv Kapital £11k SB Nov 2010

Over £40k balance write off and charges refunds to fight for:

HBOS O/d Charges £5k. Egg Loan/Aktiv Kapital CCA Dispute £8k

Egg Card/Fredrickson taking £5 monthly but CCA & Charges Dispute £4k

Goldfish/1st Credit DN/TN Dispute £9k. Capital One/CSL charges claim £4k

Barclaycard/CSL taking £5 monthly on £10k debt

I hope I have helped - if I have please hit my star - and recognise the others who have helped too.

Bigdebtor

They haven't grasped reality at all. They are a set of **** our company had a run in with the Corp tax side of hmrc earlier this year and I had to make a formal complaint as the horrible nasty women on the other end of the phone was so rude and couldn't understand whybi hadn't set aside money to pay them. Had to explain that when I have fuel bills and wages to pay on a weekly basis sorry I forgot

to set aside thousands of pounds for hmrc. No clue. Luckily it's all resolved

If they won't play ball simply ignore them, don't file any returns or accounts with CH and they will eventually strike it off for you. If HMRC wind it up your ok because there is no o/d DLA and you are a creditor. I wouldn't waste any more time on it. Remember the company owes the money you don't.

Thanks for the advice.

I'll just sit backk and see what happens - but it infuriates me to see public bodies waste OUR money - especailly in paying DCA's! Thankfully all private creditors realise they're flogging a dead horse and let things take their course.

BD

MBNA & A&L 35% F&F direct - saved £23k. Birmingham Midshires £1700 charges refunded

I hope I have helped - if I have please hit my star - and recognise the others who have helped too.

Bigdebtor

Agree entirely. The country is almost bankrupt as it is and all the Govt. can do is waste more money on chasing things like this. The best part is that the Insolvency Service itself is almost insolvent. You couldn't make it up!

• Haha 1
  • 1 month later...

We have all been conned for years and live in tyranny of taxation, by the HMRC, road tax, council tax, TV license, taxation on fuel, etc...

The magna carta 1215 was a charter of rights on the land and this is the basis for common law and tax is not a requirement. When you are born you get a birth certificate, it is this which is the Strawman and by agreeing to be this fictitious corporation instead of a flesh and blood human being you are agreeing to be subject to the law of admiralty or commerce. Acts are all laws of commerce. When you go into court they ask if you are XXXXXXXX all in capitals, this is the strawman, you can say that you refuse to contract and that you are a free man on the land and therefore subject only to common law. The HMRC cannot touch you.

When banks lend you say 100,000 mortgage, they do not have the money to lend, it is invented. It is invented against your signature, they have nothing to lose only everything to gain by your paying them real money back in interest and capital. No contract is formed as this required two signatures and also the bank has used CONVERSION which is against the law.

See Free Man On The Land and read up about it, it is very real and we are only subject to these costs and brought into debt by our own chosing in our ignorance.

more and more people are becoming aware of this and this slavery control using straw man law needs to stop. Councils are FOR PROFIT businesses listed on the stock exchange, so is the Houses of Parliament, elections only give the ability to chose the directors, the company is still responsible for earning profits, this is why we have so many laws that fine us and tie us down.

We need to work together knowing the full facts

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the replies on this thread so far guys.

Things have actually got even worse now - see link to my new thread below.

Please help if you can!

BD

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?329855-I-m-getting-pursued-personally-for-debts-incurred-by-my-failed-limited-company.&p=3642760&viewfull=1#post3642760

Bigdebtor