home repossession in days - urgent help needed

rizla04
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4638 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i am in arrears of 10 000 and the mortgage is with engage limited and they wanted a expenditure and expenses which i did but they also wanted 3 months bank statement but they baisicaly showed that im in arrears with the bank so i have not showed it to them so they have went forward and got a reppossesion order i have asked them that i will pay £200 on top of what i already have to pay and gave they 1000 pounds but they rejected saying they have to see the bankstatements

i hope you can give me advice on what option i have

hi i am in arrears of 10 000 and the mortgage is with engage limited and they wanted a expenditure and expenses which i did but they also wanted 3 months bank statement but they baisicaly showed that im in arrears with the bank so i have not showed it to them so they have went forward and got a reppossesion order i have asked them that i will pay £200 on top of what i already have to pay and gave they 1000 pounds but they rejected saying they have to see the bankstatements

i hope you can give me advice on what option i have

Repossession doesn't happen 'just like that' - did you attend the hearing? What defence did you put in? Did you tell the judge you would offer 200 towards the arrears? Can you actually afford the extra payment?

When is the repossession set for? Or is it a suspended order?

If it is an outright possession order and you did not attend the hearing, you will need to act quickly to get the order set aside so that another hearing can take place. If it is a suspended possession order, then you will have been told what the order states in relation to the arrears.

Please answer the questions so that accurate advice can be given.

basicaly i did not attend the hearing and i offerd them to pay half the arrears and give me a payment plan for the others but becausee my expenditure sheet showed i was lrft with only 50 pound that they want the whole amount

basicaly i did not attend the hearing and i offerd them to pay half the arrears and give me a payment plan for the others but becausee my expenditure sheet showed i was lrft with only 50 pound that they want the whole amount

Could you answer the questions.

1. How much is the mortgage for?

2. How much are you in arrears?

3. How much is the property worth - i.e. is there any equity?

4. How many years left on the mortgage term?

5. Is the possession order suspended or not?

6. What is the date of the possession order (i.e. if it is not suspended)?

7. Is 50 pounds all you have left after paying for everything you need? Have you done a proper income and expenditure form? (Find the one that is used on this site and fill that in if you haven't already done so).

the mortgage is for 130 000 and im in arrears of 8 and half the property is worth 240 the date of the repossesion in the 8th of august yes at the time of filling it i was having financial problems but thats fine now i can afford more

Download form N244.

Fill in the I&E sheet available on this forum.

Fill in form N244 - I am sure Ell-enn will be able to assist you with the answer to Q10.

Your proposal for 200 per month is within the Norgan (this is case law) calculation and would mean your arrears are paid off in under 4 years, well within the remaining term of your mortgage.

Get a copy of your work contract or a letter on headed paper detailing your name, NI number, date of birth (to remove doubts that the letter pertains to you) and ask your employer to include details of salary, any probationary period, and date you will get paid (and frequency). This will remove any doubt that you are saying you are employed but aren't...so make sure it is on headed paper with full address and contact details and a clear name and designation of your employer/manager.

It is a shame you only asked for help this morning and then didn't return until after court offices close. Plus getting information from you has been painful - next time please just answer the questions as they are asked - you cannot be helped without the answers and help can be given more quickly if the questions don't have to be asked repeatedly.

Now, you are going to have to be ready to go to court as soon as it opens on Monday morning if the eviction is due to take place on 8th August. What time is the eviction set for? You must hand in your paperwork for the stay application (you'll need to pay a fee), and then wait for the judge to give you a hearing.

2 pm im self employed

Do you have your accounts that you can show the court? If not, I doubt a judge is going to stay the possession. You need proof you can pay.

I have no idea what your '2 pm' is in reference to.

In any case, you have the information you require to proceed, so I suggest if you wish to try to stop the eviction, you go and gather the relevant information and put it together ready for Monday morning.

Good luck.

Hi affixed is an N244 form and the budget sheet we normally use (it calculates automatically as you enter the figures). Have you actually received an eviction warrant stating the eviction is on Monday 8th August at 2pm ?

Budget Sheet.xls

n244_0400.pdf

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Have you filled in the budget sheet yet ? I can help you with a statement for Q10 of the N244 but you will need to communicate with me on this thread.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.