Mackenzie hall - help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4645 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been reading some MacKenzie Hall posts on here but i am still left unsure what to do with this letter i got from them today:

Reference: xxxxxxx

Client Reference: xxxxx

Pursuers: Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited

Original Creditor: Barclaycard

Principal SUm: £2,xxx.xx

NOTICE OF OVERDUE ACCOUNT

Dear Miss xxxxx xxxxxx

We are instructed by our client to recover the outstanding balance of this overdue account.

Despite repeated requests for payment your overdue account with our client still remains outstanding. Accordingly, we may now have no other alternative than to advise our client to take such further action as may be appropriate.

This letter is to inform you of our client's intended action, even if you do not acknowledge this.

It is now imperactive that you contact this off within 72 hours to settle this account. By doing so, you are showing an interest to resolve this matter and we will endeavour to come to an amicable conclusion to this matter.

Should you decide to ignore this advice, our client will not hesitate to instruct the appropriate action be taken against you to recover the outstanding balance in full.

To avoid any further action, payment must be lodged at this office within the next 72 hours. I this is not possible please contact xxxx xxxxx on xxxx xxx xxxx immediately.

Importan: If you are not the named person above please contact us quoting Address ID: xxxxxxx to stop any further communication.

----------------------------------------------------------

My situation is:

I did have a dept owed to Barclaycard that i have not made a payment to since 2003. Since then, i have had numerous debt agencies chasing me for payment (although, none have ever stated the creditor!) and i have ignored ALL letters.

So my question is what to do next?, should i write to these people and ask to prove the debt is mine?, of course, i know it is and i'm scared they can prove the debt. Or should i just ignore this letter and hope that they will also give up like the other debt collectors, however, they did state in this letter that they will advise cabot to take further action if if i dont acknowledge the letter.

Another question, who are CABOT?, my debt was with Barclaycard and since then have been passed to numerous debt agencies.

Would really love to hear from people who have had experience with Mackenzie Hall to know how to deal with this letter.

Thank you all !!! :)

If you havent paid a penny or acknowledge the debt since 2003 then these people can take a running jump, the debt is statute barred and they can threaten what they like they cant touch you save the letter, but send them this letter recorded delivery

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?408-Letter-sent-when-debt-is-statute-barred

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

A couple of years ago I dealt with Muck Hall. They went so far as sending 'debt consultants' to my door, called Meritforce, but they didn't gain access to my block of flats.

They work for comission so will try they hardest to get money off you.

(well, Christmas is a few months away)

If the debt is 6 years old they can't do anything but will work very hard trying..

Just ignore and if you get a letter re Meritforce just don't open the door, they will probably try a couple of times (3 times with me) then you won't hear anything from them.

The joys of doorstep collectors. I had one turn up and I said theres the doorstep. Do you need a hammer and chisel to take it. Now anytime any one threatens to send anyobe round I ask for a time so.I can clean the door step and get the coffee ready etc:)

I have found that the easiest way to get rid of these jokers is to fire a letter back at them, whether it be a CCA request, a Stat Barred letter or even on one occasion just a telephone harrassment letter. They don't seem to be able to handle any paperwork unless it is bankable and soon send the account back from wherever it came!

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

pers i'd do nothing

ignore them

waste of a stamp.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I just emailed them stating it was statute barred and i won't be paying them anything anytime soon. They replied pretty quickly saying

Please take this e-mail as confirmation that your account reference M0000000 has been closed. We will make no further contact regarding this matter.

Far easier than i ever expected

And if they do start again you have grounds for complaint. Bear in mind the MHall web of muck extends to Meritforcer and a firm callerd Engage UK but they are all the same so anything more from them and its time to fire off letters of complaint.