DVLA have lost notification of transfer of owner...

MrShed
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4638 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Just a quick one - dont need to perform any action yet, but I am curious/slightly concerned.

I recently traded cars, and sent back my tax disc to be refunded. As per the terms on the form, I enclosed the relevant section from my V5 to inform them that I had sold the car.

I have had a letter today stating that they cannot process the refund as they do not know the reason for the application (6 weeks on I should note).

I called them, and they said they had received no such notification - I obviously expressed my disbelief at this, as it was in the same bloody envelope..!

They have now opened a case...

What should I expect? My main two concerns are:

1) The car is still currently registered to myself...!

2) I have now (on paper) lost two months of tax refund due to their c**k up..!

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

I expect they will say it is your fault as you sent the document to the wrong postcode!!!

The postcode for notifying change of keeper is SA991BA, for tax refunds it's SA99 1AL - you would think there would be some internal system to get them to the right place, but I suppose they say "not ours" and chuck it in the bin.

Well but on the form itself it actually says to include the v5 slip in the same envelope!

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

• 2 weeks later...

Have had 3 examples of DVLA losing paperwork over the years including one instance where two applications for VED refunds were sent in the same envelope, one was processed the other not and DVLA claimed it must have been 'lost in the post' and that was my responsibility.

DVLA seem to have a culture of refusing to accept that they make mistakes and prefer to try and place the onus on the individual. If a letter posted to me by DVLA is not received then that according to them is the fault of Royal Mail and it does not remove any liability from me - But if a letter I send is 'not received' by them then in their corporate culture that is my responsibility........

They need to be sorted out.