T-Mobile Default Issues

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4640 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have an issue with T-Mobile I'm trying to sort out and I'd appreciate some advice. First to the background... apologies for the lengthy post and the sizeable images, but I wanted to provide as much info as I can.

A few years back I had a contract with T-Mobile with phones for both my wife and I on the contract. I was the sole account holder. During a girls' break abroad in 2006, my wife used her mobile to send texts to myself and our children - unknowingly racking up a hefty bill, as T-Mobile charged connection fees per text.

After trying to come to an arrangement to repay with T-Mobile, they eventually defaulted the account and passed it to a DCA and I began to repay them at an agreed rate per month. Everything was fine until October last month when the DCA stopped taking their regular standing order payment. Not wanting to be a non-payer, I tried to send payments manually but after a few days the payment would reappear back in my bank account - clearly the DCA was no longer collecting the account.

I contacted T-Mobile support (almost impossible!) via email and Twitter, only to be told that as the account had been passed to a DCA, they weren't able to accept payment on the account and I would have to deal with them. I had lost all record of who the DCA was, and asked them who was administering the account - they couldn't tell me which DCA was assigned my account.

So I was stuck in the position of wanting to repay my debt, but having no-one to pay it to. T-Mobile wouldn't take my money, nor would it seem the DCA, whoever they were. After a few months of trying, I gave up, and the DCA hadn't bothered trying to get in touch re: non-payment. I figured that after almost 12 months and no contact that it was a dead account.

Last month, I tried again with T-Mobile and the DCA with similar results, so I wrote to T-Mobile's CEO asking if he would expunge the remaining balance and consider removing the default as a gesture of goodwill in light of the hassles I had had. He agreed to the former, but not to the latter.

So fast forward to today and I'm checking my monthly credit reports through Equifax and Call Credit (Annualcreditreport) and I notice that T-Mobile have indeed marked the default as settled.

HOWEVER, they have also wiped all history of the debt between the original default date (Dec' 06) and the date of settling the default (July '11), alleging the account entered default in Sept '10 after a period of arrears - this is clearly not true!

I've screengrabbed my credit report from last month and this month to illustrate.

Accout as it was 4/7/11..

tmob1.jpg

Account history, according to Annualcreditreport...

Tmob3.jpg

Account as it shows today...

Tmob2.jpg

I've opened a dispute with Equifax stating the above information and that the information recorded is inaccurate .. I wondered if there was anything else I can do? Surely T-Mobile can't doctor previous information in this manner to paint an erroneous picture of the behaviour of my account?

Tmob2.jpg

Hi,

I have an issue with T-Mobile I'm trying to sort out and I'd appreciate some advice. First to the background... apologies for the lengthy post and the sizeable images, but I wanted to provide as much info as I can.

A few years back I had a contract with T-Mobile with phones for both my wife and I on the contract. I was the sole account holder. During a girls' break abroad in 2006, my wife used her mobile to send texts to myself and our children - unknowingly racking up a hefty bill, as T-Mobile charged connection fees per text.

After trying to come to an arrangement to repay with T-Mobile, they eventually defaulted the account and passed it to a DCA and I began to repay them at an agreed rate per month. Everything was fine until October last month when the DCA stopped taking their regular standing order payment. Not wanting to be a non-payer, I tried to send payments manually but after a few days the payment would reappear back in my bank account - clearly the DCA was no longer collecting the account.

I contacted T-Mobile support (almost impossible!) via email and Twitter, only to be told that as the account had been passed to a DCA, they weren't able to accept payment on the account and I would have to deal with them. I had lost all record of who the DCA was, and asked them who was administering the account - they couldn't tell me which DCA was assigned my account.

So I was stuck in the position of wanting to repay my debt, but having no-one to pay it to. T-Mobile wouldn't take my money, nor would it seem the DCA, whoever they were. After a few months of trying, I gave up, and the DCA hadn't bothered trying to get in touch re: non-payment. I figured that after almost 12 months and no contact that it was a dead account.

Last month, I tried again with T-Mobile and the DCA with similar results, so I wrote to T-Mobile's CEO asking if he would expunge the remaining balance and consider removing the default as a gesture of goodwill in light of the hassles I had had. He agreed to the former, but not to the latter.

So fast forward to today and I'm checking my monthly credit reports through Equifax and Call Credit (Annualcreditreport) and I notice that T-Mobile have indeed marked the default as settled.

HOWEVER, they have also wiped all history of the debt between the original default date (Dec' 06) and the date of settling the default (July '11), alleging the account entered default in Sept '10 after a period of arrears - this is clearly not true!

I've screengrabbed my credit report from last month and this month to illustrate.

Accout as it was 4/7/11..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29339[/ATTACH]

Account history, according to Annualcreditreport...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29340[/ATTACH]

Account as it shows today...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29342[/ATTACH]

I've opened a dispute with Equifax stating the above information and that the information recorded is inaccurate .. I wondered if there was anything else I can do? Surely T-Mobile can't doctor previous information in this manner to paint an erroneous picture of the behaviour of my account?

Equifax will contact T Mobile and query the entry, but it is best always in this situation

to copy the complaint to both parties.

It may just have been a misreading of data by the person who

updated the file.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: