Asking for higher rate of DLA care

Richmonds
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4649 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good afternoon everyone,I am on HRM and LRC of DLA and have been for several years,my care needs have increased a lot in the last year where I need more help during the day and now at night as well,could someone please tell me how I go about applying for a higher rate of care and is there any risk involved in doing so?

You contact the DWP and ask for a review form which you will need to complete.

Yes, there is risk. With any review you take the risk of your award being lowered or losing it completely.

For middle rate care you need to prove you need frequent help during the day OR repeated or prolonged help at night. Or that you have continual supervision needs day OR night.

For high rate care the above needs to be day AND night.

Frequent help means needing help from another person (even if you don't get it) at multiple occasions during the day. It doesn't matter how long you need help for, or how many tasks during each occasion, but that there are frequent separate occasions during the day that you need help. 5-10 separate occasions at least.

Be sure you meet the entitlement criteria before you risk a review.