• Tweets

• I have added some lines – and read and made some corrections. I should leave out the stuff about being confused and perplexed. It really doesn't help – all this shock and awe stuff. And in any event, grammatically you have expressed it in a way so that your shock and awe appears to be expressed in relation to your own letter – not the letter which you have received from Aviva. Keep the emotion stuff out of it. You've got lots of good ammunition here. You don't need to start diluting it with outrage.
    • Hi Guys   Sorry for the delayed response   I have attached me Change of address letter and SAR which I am sending to EPS. I have redacted my information but apologies if I have missed something   I have also attached my snotty letter to Gladstone   Let me know if i am missing anything or need to change anything. I was thinking of sending the letter to EPS on Monday and then Gladstones on Wednesday   Also regarding @honeybee13, the comment about saying 'the driver' rather then I. I wasn't too sure how to implement this given i'd have to put my name in so they have someone to send the letter back to?    EPS Change of address and SAR Letter Redacted.pdf Gladstone Snotty Letter Redacted.pdf
    • Hi   I haveh ad a good re read of your Topic and do agree with BazzaS  that you need to take a step back from this and I can appeciate that you are not happy with the treatment that your relative has been given due to the sleeping pill being prescribed.   You mention the wait at the hospital of over X hours but you do not say if this relative went to a certain department with a GP letter or whether this was via the hospital A&E Department.   If it was via the Hospitals A&E Department you need to bear in mind the following:   1. This was during COVID-19 and protetions will be in place to protect both Medical Staff and Patients coming to A&E   2. The A&E Department will Triage every single Patient coming to that Department as to who needs instant medical treament to those who can wait a certain period but as this can be a fast flowing Department the Triage System can change minute by minute dependent on the amount of Casualties/Patients they have to treat.   IMO you need to approach this from the beginning as to why your relative was prescribed that specific medication with there medical condition and that GPs reasoning at that time. (was this fully discussed with that relative at that time, as you say they have capacity to sign a letter, did they understand what the GP was saying at the time about this medication and did they agree to the GPs decision to prescribe this medication if they have capacity and were the possible side affects explained)   My concern is you state they have Dementia then state they have capacity to sign a letter but we are unaware of what type of Dementia the relative has i.e. is it early onset Dementia as you need to be very careful if they have memory loss issues with stating they have capacity to sign a letter when there is no Power of Attorney nor Deputyship in Place for that relative.    
    • Be Wiser is the Trading Name of Atlanta 1 Insurance Services Limited, an Insurance Broker (see this link Privacy Policy look under 'Who we are': https://www.bewiser.co.uk/privacy )   Atlanta 1 Insurance Services Limited Autonet Insurance Nile Street Burslem Stoke-On-Trent ST6 2BA   Company Number: 03642372   Incorporated: 1st October 1998   Company Type: Private Limited Company   Directors: Craig David Ball (Appointed 22nd March 2005) & Ian James Donaldson (Appointed 20th December 2004)   Companies House Link: https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/03642372   FCA Register: https://register.fca.org.uk/s/firm?id=001b000000MfWfKAAV (according to above link they have 36 different Trading Names)   As stated send them a Subject Access Request (SAR) asking for 'ALL DATA' that little phrase covers whatever format they hold that Data in and they have 30 Calender Day to respond and the Time Limit only starts once they have acknowledged reciept of your SAR and are not asking for further identification which can then extend the time limit.   In the Privacy Policy Link: https://www.bewiser.co.uk/privacy  (see 9. What are your Right for who to send your SAR to (in fact see below))   Data Protection Officer Atlanta 1 Insurance Services Limited Autonet Insurance Nile Street Burslem Stoke-On-Trent ST6 2BA   There Terms & Condition on ther website isn't really clear on Cancellation in the circumstances you describe but it does mention elsewhere about if you have a telematics insurance policy to refer to suplementary information which isn't on there website.   Do you have a copy of your actual Polict that they sent you that you could post up in PDF Format and make sure it is redacted please as the T&Cs on there website may be different to your actual Policy due to them being a Broker.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Ebay Packlink and Hermes - destroyed item as it was "damaged". https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/430396-ebay-packlink-and-hermes-destroyed-item-as-it-was-damaged/&do=findComment&comment=5087347
      • 33 replies
    • I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
  • Recommended Topics

• Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3475 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

I have today recieved two letters.

The first one is from AIC of Glasgow, claiming that the balance of £3002 has been assigned to them from Natwest Card Services. They kindly said that the account is frozen and no charges for interest or solicitors fees will be added. The heading of the letter "Out of Court Settlement". Do they now own the debt, or is it still owned by Natwest?

The second letter is from Nelson Guest & Partners Solicitors of Sidcup. They are instructed by Westcot Credit Services Ltd acting on behalf of Lloyds TSB in connection with £6788 owing. Same question as above have they sold the debt?

The above debts are both credit cards taken out in the UK Many years ago. Both companies have my New Zealand address where mail is then forwarded.

I would appreciate any advice that anyone can give and what action if any to take.

There are no CCJ'S against me in the UK.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Steveab1

Personally I would bin them as there is virtually nothing they can do other than practice their speciality, MAKING THREATENING NOISES.

If the debt has been assigned, then it has been sold.

Is there a period of six years where you have not made a payment or written acknowledgement of the debt?

If so it is Statute Barred and they cannot take enforcement action anywhere.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

The reason they are offering an out of court settlement is because they know that it's extremely difficult and expensive for them to take any legal action in NZ and if you had no assets they would be throwing their money away in any case.

They cannot obtain a judgement against you now in the UK because you are a non resident here, so they would have to do it in NZ using UK law.

What will more than likely happen is after a few more threatening letters they will pass/sell the debt on to a DCA in NZ.

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The above debts are both credit cards taken out in the UK Many years ago.
Was there any PPI included in these and have there been unfair charges added over the years?

If so you can reclaim them + statutory interest which would reduce the amount. Plus you could send them a CCA request for them to provide a copy of your original agreement, if they can't do that it will be game over for them in any case. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If they were daft enough to try and bring any legal action in NZ you could plead that a NZ court doesn't have the jurisdiction to here a case covered by the UK Credit Act (CCA 1974) as was successfully done in OZ.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

One or more of them are also breaking OFT guidelines as the account cannot be passed on to more than one agency at a time.

You say that AIC and Wescott (through Nelson Guest) are chasing this debt. NatWest can only instruct /sell to one DCA.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Citizen B

Nelson Guest Solicitors have been instructed by Wescot acting on behalf of LLoyds TSB in connection with outstanding balance. Hope that clarifies things.

Cerberesualert

Don't think there has been any unfair charges etc. Should I send for a CCA to Wescott and AIC or the original creditors ie Natwest and LLoyds TSB ? Ps I know you know my IP address should I still continue with NZ ?

Send it to whoever is chasing you. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A SAR to the original creditors would throw up if there are any unfair charges and PPI but they cost £10. It might be easier if you still have contact with someone in the UK to let them do it on your behalf but giving your NZ address. they do not need to sign your name they can print it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I have today received a FINAL NOTICE from Allied International Credit UK that they are preparing to transfer my account to their legal representatives in the country I live (New Zealand).

Firstly I notice that their still quoting Natwest Card Services as their client - does that mean that Natwest still own the debt ? or does AIC now own the debt? Also they say my account will incur additional charges and will be added to the balance. Can they do this ?

Is there any way I can check for any CCJ'S taken out illegally in the UK without giving my credit card details to one of those online credit ref agencies?

Thanks in anticipation of your help.

Are you planning to return to live in the UK? If not, dont worry about any CCJ in the UK, If you ever returned, then you can have them set aside due to being non resident at the time. And they know it.

If it were me, I'd wait until their 'legal representatives' :lol: got in touch. you can then use NZ laws to make them prove any debt. ( A long winded process I am sure)

Firstly I notice that their still quoting Natwest Card Services as their client - does that mean that Natwest still own the debt ?
Probably yes.

Is there any way I can check for any CCJ'S taken out illegally in the UK without giving my credit card details to one of those online credit ref agencies?
http://www.trustonline.org.uk/ which costs £8 & you would have to search using your previous addresses. Given that AIC are chasing it is highly unlikely that a CCJ has been obtained tho'.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

Have just received a letter from AIC (UK)Ltd, They say they are reviewing my file to see if there are any further action is warranted.

The next paragraph states "EARLY SETTLEMENT OFFER" They are offering to reduce the debt by 25% to 3k, why are they being so kind? I thought these debt collector types were nasty pieces of work.

One thing that is a bit worrying is that they quote the client ref name as RBS but I thought I owed Natwest so that is confusing.

Do you think they own the debt or are they still working for Natwest / RBS ?

I won't be contacting them as my address is NZ and I believe from looking at this forum that it will be difficult for them to take any action. I know they're being such sweeties by offering 25% but I will have to decline their offer.

why are they being so kind?
Because they know they have less than a snowball's chance in hell of getting the full amount through the legal system & it will be too expensive to try and pursue in NZ with no guarantee that they will be paid or you have any assets.

One thing that is a bit worrying is that they quote the client ref name as RBS but I thought I owed Natwest so that is confusing.
They are all the same banking group now.

Do you think they own the debt or are they still working for Natwest / RBS ?
It is likely that they are acting for another debt collector who has bought the debt. if they were acting on behalf of RBS I doubt they wouldn't have the authority to offer a discount.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]