Need advice re paying off cahoot credit card.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3645 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was very seriously ill when I took out a credit card with cahoot about 10 years ago. I had a DD set up and it was always paid on time at minimum payment. This hasnt changed.

My situation hasnt changed much either. Initially, I lost my job and the payment protection paid of half the debt leaving me with £2300 to pay off. Obviously this will never be paid off at this rate.

I am still paying the minimum but my financial situation is about to get MUCH worse. I am now getting better slowly and trying to retrain to get back into the workforce (hence drastic reduction in income). I don't want to default on payments or ruin future credit ratings but I do need them to start reducing the debt properly and with ridiculous interest rates (dont remember exact %) this will never happen.

Not earning means I cant take advantage of the 0% interest transfer rates many cards offer short term & being disabled means that I wont be earning for some time yet. I'll get £70 a week student loan to pay EVERYTHING including mortgage and childcare.

Does anyone have any help or advice on how to get them to reduce or even stop interest on this debt while I try to clear it?

cheers.

Hi moo

Welcome to CAG

The guys will be happy to advise as soon as they are available.

Thread moved.

Have a read of number 8 in my signature.