Link Making calls to old friend i used to live with chasing a debt..can they?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4643 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My friend that I used to live with over 9 years ago is receiving phone calls from someone called 'Lin', apparently trying to leave messages for me at an address and number that I have no association with, and my friend has informed her of the fact.

'Lin' apparently leaves messages in such a manner that you would assume that we knew each other and that I should call her back.

My friend quite rightly does not forward the message or reference number gleaned from a confrontation over the phone, but did give me the telephone number she called from when I asked for it so I could post it on here, 02920 808 698.

What my friend would like to know is how can he stop this person calling 'his' number and leaving messages for me.

I had also been receiving calls from various other debt collection agencies at my home number, until the phone got cut off. I would like to know if there are underehand ways that they can obtain my new mobile number as I have kept it ex-directory.

Many thanks in advance,

Colin.

you could try reporting the number as a nuisance caller to British Telecom

who else

HAD to be the links mob

they'll never give up no matter what you freind tells them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The MBNA bank has been accused by a High Court judge of "torturing" a customer with repeated phone calls demanding he repay his credit card.

Keith Harrison had his debt of £20,270 written off by the judge, Nicholas Chambers QC, at Mold in North Wales.

The judge denounced the tactics that MBNA and its debt collection firm had used to force him to pay up.

"In my view, the claimant rightly complains that, mainly by MBNA but also by the defendant [debt collectors Link Financial], he was hounded by telephone calls seeking payment of what was said to be due," said Mr Justice Chambers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12622318

I would like to know if there are underehand ways that they can obtain my new mobile number as I have kept it ex-directory.

Unless you have been living in a cave recently, then you will know all about the phone hacking scenario! So yes, there are a plethora of underhand tactics which 'could' be used to obtain your number.

The easiest is if you fill in forms whereby the details are given to third party companies they "specially choose" in order to make your life easier or if "they" think you may be interested in the services of schemers, fleecers, and want to open a Nigerian bank account!.

The simplest way is to get yourself a PAYG sim card, most moby companies will send you a few for free, then if it gets compromised, throw it away.

Your friend should lodge a formal complaint to Ofcom about Link farcical and their abuse of the communications network, as well as reporting nuisance malicious calls to his phone via his provider.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• dx100uk changed the title to Link Making calls to old friend i used to live with chasing a debt..can they?