Do HUMANS Work @ Halifax?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4590 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone spoken to a HUMAN BEING at the Halifax lately?

This is getting beyond a joke - all this automated telephone system is just SH*T.

Can anyone recommend a bank that employs people rather than robots, people one can actually talk to in English?

I've had a guts full of the Halifax and just want to move to another bank that knows what customer service is. :mad2:

You had better join the queue then. Because there is no real competition in the banking industry, they aren't bothered about providing decent customer service.

We know that Halifax is rotten - but the problem is that the rest are too.

Too big to care.

I won't pull any punches - I utterly despise banks, all of them. I have great sympathy for the staff who work for them, as it's not their fault.

Only one thing motivates bank bosses and that's greed and it doesn't matter who, or what, stands in their way! They wreck lives, wreck businesses, wreck the economy and wreck families.

I bank with Natwest and while they don't have any better reputation than the rest of them - you can at least speak to a human when you ring, and can talk to your branch on the phone.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it's hard to say because there's someone with a horror story for every bank and someone whose never had a problem with their bank.

I've always had luck with NatWest in terms of not being charged, cancelling charges and so on, but with Lloyds I've had multiple charges that were completely in their error, times they said they wouldn't charge me for a certain thing, but did anyway etc. but there's probably someone for whom it's the other way around.

• 1 month later...

Don't understand what the issue is here.. Called Halifax ( not " the Halifax) the other day for my credit card and got through in prob less than 2 minutes. Just chose the relevent options. So this thread is a bit of a puzzle. What I have learnt though is that there is 30 million customers with that bank, half the population of this country, so even if 1% of their customer base called that's a figure which is still un real to be honest, so it's physically imposssible for calls to be answerd straight away. I suppose I'm lucky, dunno