Come home to a CCJ today WTF !!!!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4532 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have walked in from work to find a letter from In Control offering to help with my recent CCJ. A quick check on my credit report and there it is!! awarded on the 11/07/2011 at an address I lived at 3 years ago.

I am guessing this is someones atempt to get a judgement by default and it has worked... Help what do I do now.

Regards

The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

I think it nay be an old barclaycard debt which should have formed part of my bankruptcy. I have had a few DCA's chase and when told Bankrupt they go away. But I am guessing. I have had no court paperwork whatsoever. I suppose I will have to call the court tomorrow.

Regards

The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

Suppose I will have to speak to the court and confirm what it is first. I wouldn't have known about it unless this In Control debt solutions hadn't written to me. Thing is how did they get the right address?

They probably had your new address when they applied for the CCJ, but as with many companies the trick is to use an old address in order to obtain one by default.

Another point is that I would have thought they would have checked for any bankruptcy issues when the applied for the CCJ. Surely the bankruptcy would be on the credit record ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Bankruptcy was back in 2006 Feb. I spoke to Lowell about this card debt a few months back and he told me he couldn't see the bankruptcy. Said they would look into it and then today I find this.

Card debt by the way was about £400 at the time of the bankruptcy and I have tried to speak to the insolvency service about being chased and all they could offer was a letter saying the bankruptcy was now discharged.

Thanks, Luckily the CCJ reference is on the letter that came from this debt solutions company and also on my credit file. I will call the court this morning and then start with the set aside.

Regards

Now it all becomes clear and maybe not so sinister. Our dog died of cancer earlier this year and we were told over the phone that the bill would be sent for payment. I thought they were being pretty lax and if they couldn't be bothered to send the bill then I wouldn't chase them. It turns out they only had a very old address but the new phone number. Instead of calling us they applied for and got a judgement for the bill. The court said I would be best getting the judgement set aside and can confirm that the documents have been sent to the wrong address. Then I can pay the Vet without the judgement. Any advice on filling out the N244 would be appreciated.

That would be ideal if I had £1164 to pay them out right. The nice lady at the court says that if I have it set aside I can probably work out a payment schedule with them that does not involve the court.

That would be ideal if I had £1164 to pay them out right. The nice lady at the court says that if I have it set aside I can probably work out a payment schedule with them that does not involve the court.

Ahh right sorry, I dont have pets so wasnt aware of the size of the bill :-(

S.

Shadow I wasn't aware of the size of the bill either !! It looks like the Vets instigated the Court action.

I think you should speak to the Vets practice manager, to ask why they had not contacted you, if they had your phone number. Yes ideally they should have had your new address, but if they had your phone number and did not attempt to contact you, then I think they are partly responsible.

I don't think you have much choice but to get it set aside, because you don't know how the judgement amount is made up. It probably includes various fees on top of the Vets bill you have never seen.

Once you got the set aside, you can then negotiate repayment, having full knowledge of how the bill is made up.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

agh,, clear now,, this bill incurred after your BR... hmmmm Me thinks a set a side and a SAR to have a look at what the bill is made up off.

I know many Caggers who have gone BR and find some muppet trying to get money off them down the line.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959