Holiday Cancellation - Deposit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4644 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey All

On the 24th of July this year I booked a 14 night stay in Orlando with a Thompson Travel Agent, the lady told us that as there will be 3 adults and 2 kids she would do everything to get us in a suite (With seperate bedrooms) at the Econo Lodge on I-Drive.

A few days passed and she said actually, she couldnt do that and we are all in one room, with 2 double beds and a fold away.

We asked about an extra room to be told it would be £550 extra (if we booked 2 rooms at the start it would have been £200, but because we were almost assured a suite, we didnt see the need)

We asked about the free shuttle to Disney and was told "Yes, you get a free shuttle to Disney World" so we went ahead and booked 5 x 14 day Daisney passes.

When we got the paperwork it stated that the shuttle was no longer free and would cost us $15 PP per day ($1050)

We spoke to the agent who assured us it was indeed free and would confirm it in writing (Although we booked with a Thompson Travel agent, it was booked with Jetsave) we have been chasing it every day (as the agent is local) and were told today by the manager that the shuttle to Disney WILL NOT be free to us as we are not booked with Thompson.

We paid a £400 Deposit - if we cancel the Holiday as rebook with Thompson direct, online, we get 2 rooms and as its Thompson, we get the FREE Shuttle too.

Does the consumer law of , you have a 14 day cooling off period apply to a Deposit for a Holiday ? because we have been told that dispite the holiday being booked just 7 days ago and not taking place for 14 months, that we will LOSE the Deposit, is this right ?

We could hire a car, but at £300 (for the insurance) and then £150 for parking at Disney its an added expence that we dont really need, added to the room issue, its left a bitter taste and I cant help but feel its been "Mis-Sold"

Is there any way I can get that Deposit back ?

Thanks in advace.

On a Mission to .......Get My Life Back

December 2007 - 39 Stone 05 Lbs

July 2011 - 13 Stone 12 Lbs - Cycled 17851 Miles

http://theamazing39stonecyclist.wordpress.com/

Now the hard work starts.

why did you pay until it was confirmed what you would be getting?

Not very good service at all, have you complained to the agent and manager?

did you book on line/telephone?

if so DSR regs apply and as package holiday you can cancel within 7 days and get your money back.

Also if you paid by credit card you may be able to dao a charge back if they are sympathetic.

why did you pay until it was confirmed what you would be getting?

Not very good service at all, have you complained to the agent and manager?

did you book on line/telephone?

if so DSR regs apply and as package holiday you can cancel within 7 days and get your money back.

Also if you paid by credit card you may be able to dao a charge back if they are sympathetic.

because we didnt think for one second a Thompson travel agent would spint so many false truths

Hi gb

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint mark it as such. Explain what was said to you by the Thompson Rep, the promises that were made to you. Explain that you want a full refund. Send it to:

Johan Lundgren, Managing Director

[email protected]

Thanks for that, I guess thats about my best shop now

e?

:roll:

Section 6 of the Distance Selling Regulations explains, in effect that the right to cancel does not apply to

contracts for the provision of accommodation, transport, catering or leisure services, where the supplier undertakes, when the contract is concluded, to provide these services on a specific date or within a specific period

Read the thing, if you don't believe it.

This is what it says, in black and white:

"Regulations 7 to 19(1) shall not apply to—".

The better way to argue this would be to insist that the contract could not have been concluded before the terms were clear.