Digger v HSBC - Victory!!!!

Digger61
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6416 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everybody!

As a newbie to this forum ( not fighting HSBC, won several complaints ), I read now for days through all the FAQs and comments. I am ready now to grab the bull by the horns and claim unlawfull charges for the last 10 years back. But I can't find the address of HSBCs control officer. Can somebody help me?

Many thanks in advance!

Data Protection Act/ SAR - (Subject Access Request) send 1/ 7/ 06 recorded del. now waiting!

Hi everybody!

As a newbie to this forum ( not fighting HSBC, won several complaints ), I read now for days through all the FAQs and comments. I am ready now to grab the bull by the horns and claim unlawfull charges for the last 10 years back. But I can't find the address of HSBCs control officer. Can somebody help me?

Many thanks in advance.

:confused:

you can only claim back 6 years at the moment, as long as you follow the faq's and guidelines, you will get your money, oh and

Phil Beaumont

Senior Service Quality Officer

Arlington Business Centre,

Milshaw Park Lane,

Leeds

Ls11 Opp

• Confused 1

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

Hi there,

I post the

Notice pursuant to s.10 of The Data Protection Act 1998.

Re: account No. xxxxxxxxx Sort Code: xxxxx

Account No: xxxxxxxxxxx Sort Code: xxxxxx

Account holder. xxxxxxxxx

Address. xxxxxx

Whereas I have been a customer of xxxxx Bank since xxxxxxxx and whereas I consented in my contract with you to the disclosure by you of certain data to third parties, at no time did I consent and neither was it within the contemplation of the parties to the contract that I did consent to the processing by you of that data in any manner which would be unfair or inaccurate or which in any way would breach The Data Protection Act 1998

Therefore Take Notice that I require that you cease from processing within 7 days of the receipt by you of this notice or else that you do not begin to process any personal data of which I am the subject insofar as that processing involves the communication or passing of personal data of which I am the subject to any third party and insofar as the said data relates wholly or in part to the implementation by you of charges which have been applied to my account in respect of defaults or contractual breaches and where the said charges which have been levied at a rate which is in excess of the administrative costs incurred by you as a consequence of the said defaults or breaches contrary to The Common Law.

This Notice is given on the grounds that the processing or continued processing by you of the said data will be likely to affect my credit rating and my reputation and cause substantial damage and/or substantial distress to me and my family members in addition to that which may already have been caused and that as the processing of the said data in the way referred to in this notice would violate the fourth, first and sixth principles of The Data Protection Act 1998 to do so would be unwarranted.

Faithfully yours

to this address

Data Controller

HSBC Bank PLC

8 Canada Square

London

E145HQ

Prelim to HSBC sent on 30th June for £580.

Reply with offer to refund £520.00 on 19th July

Digger,

The letter posted by Irina is a Section 10 DPA letter, which is if you have been defaulted.

If you are merely asking for your transactions (ie charges) for the last 6 years you need to send the DPA Subject Acess Request letter here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-data-protection-act-subject.html

Thanks Michael.

I thought so and posted the right one today. 40 days from today and I am in business. Not only for the money ( even a nice bonus ) but to get my selfesteem back after been treated like rubbish by HSBC when I needed help due to long illness! Its payback time!

but to get my selfesteem back after been treated like rubbish by HSBC when I needed help

And don't they just make you feel like **** when you phone them! This comment just summed up my feelings right now! Go Digger!

HSBC

09th June 2006 - Data Protection Act Request

21st June 2006 - Acknowledgement from HSBC

30th June 2006 - 33 letters arrive - 6yrs statements

01st July 2006 - Preliminary request for £2868.24.

12th July 2006 - HSBC offered me £1995, I declined.

17th July 2006 - LBA sent, now £2970

01st August 2006 - MCOL for £3778 (inc 8% + fees)

08th August 2006 - HSBC defending ....

31st August 2006 - SETTLED IN FULL - Wooooooohoooooo.

Halifax

09th June 2006- Data Protection Act Request

22nd June 2006 - Acknowledgement from Halifax

08th July 2006 6yrs statements arrive.

10th July 2006 - Preliminary request for £1393.08.

21st July 2006 - Halifax offered £115, I declined..

24th July 2006 - LBA sent, now £1421.

08th August 2006 - MCOL for £1822 (inc 8% and fees)

16th August 2006 - SETTLED IN FULL - woooohoooo

Hi Hedgehog.

I didnt even Had to phone them to feel like ****, they rung me up to 10 times a day to rub it nicely in that I owe them money and when I complaint about the amount of calls, was told that its my own fould coz I owe them money!

Got them shut up with the banking ombudsman and a thread to take them to court for breaching the Harrasment Act 1992!:lol:

good on you....going to look for your thread on harrassment as I am sure I could do with that...although they don't phone me anymore...I started to refuse to answer their security questions telling them that I don't believe they are from the bank, or just saying "no, I don't want to!" they are not allowed to discuss your account with you unless you do, I was actually beginning to enjoy being awkward and they stopped calling.

HSBC

Halifax

I wouldn't have mind one courtesy call a month Hedgehog, but 140 in two weeks every month? Even if I discussed my problems with one person, an hour later the next rung for the same problem again. I was a nervous wreck. To be honest, english is not my first lingo and I learned it on building sites, first of all the F words, but not even them worked on HSBC.

you can only claim back 6 years at the moment, as long as you follow the faq's and guidelines, you will get your money, oh and

Phil Beaumont

Senior Service Quality Officer

Arlington Business Centre,

Milshaw Park Lane,

Leeds

Ls11 Opp

Hi Maverik.

Could do with some help again, so more I read, so more I get confused! I know I can claim the charges, but what about the Total Charges and the interrest?

When you go overdrawn the bank will charge you interest, perfectly lawfully.

However if part of your overdraft is made up of penalty fees, they are also charging you interest on these too and it is this interest which you are entitled to claim back, but it's tricky to separate out from the total interest figure.

Vampiress has a spreadsheet, (the 2nd one), in the bank templates library, which attempts to calculate this

It's quite complex and unless your claim is large often doesn't amount to that much, so for simplicity's sake, some people don't bother

Thanks Michael. I am charged several times £ 25 as Total charges, adding to the other charges. What about that money?:confused:

yup take that aswell, total charges refers to being over your overdraft limit, they have a charge per day (maximum of 5 days per month i think) so they add these up every month and call them total charges

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

Hi everyone.

Now here is a goody! HSBCs answer! Listen to that:

Thank you for your letter dated blah blah. We will forward to you copies blah blah.

WE are happy to waive any fees for the production of this information and we return your payment.

Hows that? Did they finaly get the message, or just scared?:)

• 2 weeks later...

Here we go! Just worked out they owe me £ 1185, when I had a letter from them today. Telling me to pay back my overdraft within 14 days. When I rung them I was told only a managed loan is possible for me now or court action.

Putting the thumbscrews on, the B?:£$&s!!! Now they picked a fight and it will hurt them!

Could anybody please let me know what a schedule sheet looks like? I am only a humble forklift driver!

• 2 weeks later...

Request for repayment letter send 21/ 7, so the deadline is friday 4/ 8. No answer so far, so it looks like they want a fight. I will post the letter for action friday and see what comes out of it. I get it realy badly, they pull the thumbscrews tight now, canceling the overdraft etc. but nevertheless, they owe me! NO SURRENDER!

schedule of charges is just the spreadsheet thingy with all your charges listed..

HSBC

Halifax