Parking 'fine' in supermarket car park

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4633 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Indeed, P&C spaces are moronic, nearly as much as "baby on board" signs in the back windows of cars

They are extremely helpful, and important for child's safety. What is "moronic" is putting kids in situations where they risk being hit by passing cars because the vehicle next to them doesn't allow sufficient space.

They are extremely helpful, and important for child's safety. What is "moronic" is putting kids in situations where they risk being hit by passing cars because the vehicle next to them doesn't allow sufficient space.

Maybe if families didn't have people carriers and 4*4's the normal width of a parking space for most people would be enough. Increased width = reduced number of spaces = driving around and around aimlessly causing pottential danger to other shoppers

Yes, but they do. I don't, and I need space - would you rather see kids squashed on the tarmac?

We have brought up 5 children, never needed a fat parking space, always had the bodlily functions to be able to cope with basic shopping tasks without special treatment...

I agree some places will allow you to avoid charges if you have a blue badge. If I felt I really wanted to avoid charges to that degree then I'd be more inclined to apply for a blue badge. As it is, I'm working and don't feel being disabled should give me any financial advantage over able bodied people ( I already get a disability allowance so already supported for my disability in my view) for parking.

When the disabled bays are full, I still respect the P&T spaces and park elsewhere. I agree with the comments that if people respected the provision made for different groups there would be less need, or desire, for companies to bring in PPC's.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update, although I had gone in and spoken to the local store manager which was followed up by a call from their head office, during the call the manager at the store head office advised he would have the ticket rescinded. I have now received a letter from TCP demanding a £60 charge. Seems I have 14 days to make payment or a £10 administration fee will be added, then passed to a debt recovery agent for collection, which, they further state, may result in a summons or writ being raised for recovery.

They also state they got my details as the registered keeper from DVLA and invite me, if not the driver, and if I wish, to provide the drivers details.

I have already complained to the store general manager about the way the PPC attendants had been behaving and how I felt, should I notify them and further complain that their agents have continued to issue a demand for something I'd been told would be rescinded? Or should I just follow other advice on the forums and ignore the letter?

Thanks.

Yep, just keep ignoring TCP. If you want to vent your anger direct it at the store. Tell them you will not shop there again until they get rid of the PPC.

Thanks for the reply. I will write to the store and express how I feel about the continued harassment of the PPC and the stores decision to use them. If I get any response I'll update it here.