HMRC got my bank account details wrong

bpm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4597 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear all,

Hello again, I got my provisional tax credit for 2011 and 2012. I found my account details are compeletetly wrong but only the same bank. When I told about this to HMRC and tried to change my account details, the HMRC wants me to provide the account number they hold which wasn't the one I provided them.

My payments were suspended couple of months ago, the reason I asked them was the wrong account number. Is there anyway that I could give them the right account number without varifying the account they hold now? Your suggestions and guides would be appriciated.

I am sorry the account number they hold now is on my wife's name which I supply them in 2005/06 since I changed 2 bank account numbers. My wife no longer uses that account number and the bank closed account number and the bank also unabe to find an account number on her name.

The last payments were being paid into my account number now HMRC no longer got that account number. I can't understand why they have changed it to an old bank account number?

Hmmmmmm well I would ring and ask to speak with a manager, team leader I mean surely anyone could see that what they are asking doesn't make sense?!?!?!?!?!?!? Wouldn't mind but they've set all this new security stuff up anyway so should be able to verify who you are from that?!

Do you receive child benefit? If so you can change your details with them and they will pass on the information to tax credits department (didn't realise they did this until I changed my details with them and they asked if I wanted my tax credits changing also). Maybe worth a try?

I tried with child benefit too unfortunetely they are unable to change or pass it as it is joint claim. Unlucky!!

I only fill the form the 1st time I claim the Child Tax Credit since no forms filled about account details only income details are filled.

So in the meantime you are not getting tax credit payments that are due to you? Or have I got confused with you thread :oops:

You say that you noticed the account details were wrong on the provisional award, does it not show the full wrong account number for you to give them? If not then I would ring them and hope you get someone with an ounce of common sense and if you don't ask for a manager and hope that they have. Other than that I suppose only option is to write to them and explain the situation?

I am not getting any payments since 4/5 months, my payments are suspended.

The account details only show the bank Name, Account name, sort code and the last 4 digit of the account number. I went through mylostaccounts to find this account and BBA replied me the following:

We regret to advise you that, LloydsTSB Bank plc have not found an account in the name of ********* plus any other names (maiden name etc) which you have quoted.

I can't do much about it as I am a serving member of Armed Forces serving overseas. All I can do is phone or write, how do I write a letter to HMRC about it and where do i send it to? or just keep phoning them until I find someone who could understand the situation?

• 4 weeks later...