• Tweets

• Good afternoon, I am writing because I am very frustrated. I received a parking fine from MET Parking Services Ltd , ( Southgate park Stansted CM24 1PY) . We stopped for a quick meal in Mcdonalds and were there fir around 30 mins. We always do this after flights and never received a parking fine before.  Reason: The vehicle left in Southgate car park without payment made for parking and the occupants southgate premises. they took some pictures of us leaving the car. i did not try and appeal it yet as I came across many forums that this is a scam and I should leave it. But I keep getting threatening letters.  Incident happened : 23/10/2023 I did contact Mcdonalds and they said this:  Joylyn (McDonald’s Customer Services) 5 Apr 2024, 12:05 BST Dear Laura, Thank you for contacting McDonald’s Customer Services. I’m sorry to hear that you have received a Parking Charge Notice following your visit to our Stansted restaurant.   We've introduced parking restrictions at some of our restaurants to make sure there are always parking spaces available for customers.   We appreciate that some visits such as birthday parties or large group visits might take longer and the parking restrictions aren't intended to stop this. If you think your stay will exceed the stated maximum parking time then please speak to a manager in advance.   Your number plate is scanned by our Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) system when you enter our car park, and then again when you leave. If you have overstayed the maximum time allowed, you will not be notified straight away- a Parking Charge Notice will be sent to you via the post.   If you feel that a Parking Charge Notice has been issued in error, please contact our approved contractors who issued the charge in order to appeal the charge. Unfortunately McDonald's are unable to revoke parking tickets- the outcome of the appeal is final and cannot be overturned by McDonald’s.   Many thanks for taking the time to contact McDonald’s Customer Services.   Can someone please help me out and suggest what I should do next?  Thank you 
    • Good Evening, I've got a fairly simple question but I'll provide some context incase needed. I've pursued a company that has operations in england despite them having no official office anywhere. I've managed to find a site they operate from and the papers there have been defended so I know they operate there. They've filed a defence which is honestly the worst defence ever, and despite being required to provide their witness evidence, they have not and have completely ignored the courts and my request for copies of it. I'm therefore considering applying to strike out their defence on the grounds the defence was rubbish and that they haven't provided any evidence for the trial. However, it has a trial date set for end of june, and a civil application wouldn't get heard until a week before then, so hardly worth it. However, my local court is very good at dealing with paper applications (i.e ones that don't need hearings, and frankly I think they are literally like 1-2 days from when you submit it to when a Judge sees it. I'm wondering if I can apply to strikeout a defence without a hearing OR whether a hearing is required for a strikeout application.   Thanks
    • I have just opened another bank acc with lloyds (i have a few already) After doing some research they may have some relation to tsb or be apart of the same group will this cause me issue if my salary is paid into my lloyds account? Also, if the debts do go into default and nothing is paid then after 6 years it all goes away? As the DCAs cannot do anything? I do want to start paying in like 3/4 months or do you advise I leave it if it goes into default? again sorry for all the questions, i am just processing everything
    • one reply only  follow post 2 of letter of claim <<clickme link. dx
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Tax credits

beckyboo28
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4591 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally got paid most of what I am owed the rest owing will be spread over the tax year I have made an offical complaint and a manager called me she said due to how serious the complaint is she will have to speak to someone more senior hopefully the man who was so cruel and intimidating will be correctly dealt with I mentioned something a DWP staff member said on here about being spat at , I told her that they are dealing on occasions with vunrable people who depend one the money from tax credits and trying to get through to them at times is very frustrating and the way I was treated could prevoke some to go to local offices and be agressive towards their staff and the staff of DWP thank you all for your support and I will inform you all how complaint proceedure goes

HI

That's good to hear :)

Regards Ruby.

Well another week has gone by and heard nothing about my award...I guess it's still being processed since I renewed on the 14th June - basically coming up 3 months. I know I need to ring them again to inform them of childcare changes since my daughter has started school last week, and am absolutely dreading it, as this will obviously delay things even more. I have a breakfast club, and afterschool care to pay for; obviously I don't expect to completely cover those fees with tax credits, but just some help would be good. So I am in a quandry...I should get a tax credits payment on Wednesday (normal date), which the first phone call informed me 3 weeks ago, or from the 'gentleman' who I spoke to last week says that I shouldn't have been told that, and just 'wait until it's processed and I will be notified'....I absolutely detest this system....I feel lucky to receive anything, but I do not claim any other benefits whatsoever, have worked full time for 23 years (except 3 months maternity leave), yet I am dreading being told I cannot receive any further help or that they have made a massive overpayment.

Sorry, it's just good to be able to talk about this, I am worrying day and night and am seriously worried about how long it is all taking, let alone ringing to complicate things even more with further changes :sad:

Hiya matrix, I bet you're pulling your hair out aren't you? I bet you'll get your payment tomorrow, they don't just stop your award unless you've not renewed which you quite clearly have!

With regards to changes why not call them (good excuse to ring lol). You're not being "reviewed" so why should it complicate matters? Honestly I'd make the changes.

Good luck x

Hiya Backofbeyond

Well I did get the usual payment today, which was a relief, but am trying to be shrewd and put most of it to one side as I expect to have to pay it back. I'm unsure about my daughter's after school club at the moment, so going to give it another week before I am sure of my childcare provider. Once I know I will call them - probably still won't have heard anything by then, but hey!

How are you? Did you get your award notice through ok?

Hope all is sorted and you are ok xx

Hiya all - received this years award notice and it says my overpayment is £1700 but not being collected as yte. My payments have increased as I am now getting wtc as I've started my job. I don't understand it but I have given them all the right info, they've acknowledged it and I have received my award so I'm not worrying about it!!!

Really pleased to hear you received your award, that's great news!

Bet you are so relieved.

I'm still waiting to receive mine. Going to give them til the end of the week and then ring them; I've got to work out my childcare payments - afterschool club and holiday club - I have no idea how to work out how much as they seem to go by everything weekly, when I pay monthly. Also my daughter will be at holiday club for however many weeks once my holiday runs out at work, so god knows how I'm going to get the figures right. I'm really pleased I still had a payment last week - but I have literally used it for the first bit of childcare now she's started school, so keeping the rest to one side, as I know I'll have to pay it back.

I hope I can report some news saying it's all sorted soon, although I'm not holding my breath. Nearly October and I'm still none the wiser!

with the calculation for child care you calculate your before and after school care by multiplying your weekly bill by 40 and then you weeekly holiday care bill by 12 then divide te figures by 52 to give you an average weekly amount.

Tax credits are not worried about holiday once yur holiday leave exhausts as there is nothing to say that you have to take annual leave during school holidays (as no matter how as parents we would love to do that there aren't many places of employment that would allow you to take 12 weeks out of work!)

Thanks a lot for your reply, that's really helpful. The only thing is I am getting my invoices monthly from the afterschool club. The first few weeks have consisted of extra child care as my daughter is only at school for 3 hours, so the first month's expense has been a lot more than it would be normally. Once I'm into next month, it will be a regular amount (which they have pro-rata'd for me). Should I just take it from the amount that it is going to be from October (after school sessions), and divide that monthly cost by 4 so it gives me a weekly cost? With the holiday club costs - probably most during next year's summer holidays - I know how much that is per day, so again, I guess if she's going for say 6 weeks, work out how much that cost is, and divide by 52?! I'm sorry to sound so thick, I am actually quite intelligent with anything other than numbers!! lol.

I am quite concerned that obviously I haven't even had my award notice through yet as it still hasn't been processed, so giving all this new information is probably going to complicate it even further. Just very aware that I need to let them know of the changes soon, as I don't want overpayments.

Really pleased to hear you received your award, that's great news!

Bet you are so relieved.

I'm still waiting to receive mine. Going to give them til the end of the week and then ring them; I've got to work out my childcare payments - afterschool club and holiday club - I have no idea how to work out how much as they seem to go by everything weekly, when I pay monthly. Also my daughter will be at holiday club for however many weeks once my holiday runs out at work, so god knows how I'm going to get the figures right. I'm really pleased I still had a payment last week - but I have literally used it for the first bit of childcare now she's started school, so keeping the rest to one side, as I know I'll have to pay it back.

I hope I can report some news saying it's all sorted soon, although I'm not holding my breath. Nearly October and I'm still none the wiser!

Fingers crossed it's sorted soon for you Matrix! Keep us updated x

Hi everyone

Just wanted to say how useful this thread has been and I wondered what everyone's updates were? I renewed my WTC over the telephone on July 30th and as of today have heard nothing! Am starting to worry now. I did receive a letter in June asking saying that my childcare was under review and they asked for proof of what I had been paying my childcare providers and a copy of my contract with them which I provided. I received a reply a few weeks later telling me they were happy with my information and they would not be pursuing the review further. But I've heard nothing on my WTC renewal and it's now been 8 weeks. Anyone else heard back from them after 8 weeks??

Thanks all

Mmmm strange. What have they said when you have rang them? I (as you'll have read lol) renewed and didn't hear anything until I got a letter for childcare review once I'd sent info I then got a letter from compliance team saying they'd amended my award and sure enough a couple of weeks later my award dropped on my doorstep (the fact I don't understand it is another story lol).

Have your payments changed or anything? Or have you had the extra payment the system the system generates?

Well if it's any consolation, I renewed mine on 14th June (have moaned about it on here a few times!), and I still haven't heard anything from them; no childcare enquiry, no nothing. Have been trying to call them regarding new childcare arrangements, but can't get through as the only time I can ring is at work, so can't hold for too long on the phone. Am absolutely sick to the back teeth of it all now; I checked my bank account and haven't had any 'random' payments go on, so assume my new award is still not processed. I am due another payment in 2 weeks time, which would be a lot more than I am entitled to, so the overpayments will be building up nicely. Trying to keep them aside, but had to relent and use them for bills...not good I know.

I would say that if you had a letter from the compliance team saying they are satisfied, you should be absolutely fine; I think they are just particularly slow this year, possibly with the new childcare checks, etc. As for me, I am literally thinking of giving up work and claiming every benefit I can because I'm sick of struggling trying to do things the 'right' way; although saying that I do have a mortgage to pay, so probably should keep on working, otherwise I'll be repossessed!!

Good luck, I hope you get your notice through soon.

Oh matrix I feel for you, I really do! If you haven't got chance to ring why not put it in writing? I know it takes longer but it'll be quicker than you not ringing lol :)

With regards to stopping work and claiming benefits - I have always said the same....until I had to claim benefits and then I realised that unless you are in the system NO-ONE is there to help you and you have to beg for whatever you are entitled to.

Stay strong - I'm sure it'll get sorted!! We're on the journey with you x

Can't believe I just typed out a reply, bloody crying my eyes out and then managed to delete the whole lot!!!!!

Thanks backofbeyond for your message; I am at my wits end, but writing is a good idea, I just thought if I called them I could also find out about my non-existent award!

Hope everything is ok with you x

I only mentioned writing due to you not getting chance to phone (they are open saturdays though if that helps?). Phoning is obviously the best way. Have you tried calling at 8am as soon as they open? May be less busy. You can call the landline number (its on hmrc website) if you are calling from a mobile so it'd be cheaper.

I know it is so easy to say but please, please stop stressing yourself out - it really isn't worth it. I drove myself round the twist (as you can probably tell with my neurotic posts at times lol).

Like I've said, I'll stay on this thread while ever anyone keeps posting xxx

Thanks everyone. Well I contacted them yesterday by phone (you're right matrix it takes bloody ages). The guy I got was lovely but again, I had to hold while he went off to check what was happening with my renewal. He came back and said there's no problem with it, it's a problem on their behalf that everything is moving very very slowly at the moment and I should receive my renewal shortly. Phew!

Backofbeyond, my payments meantime have been the same as always, don't know anything of the additional payment the system generates you speak of??? Has everyone received this??

Matrix I know it's tough when you have bills to pay. Don't they understand that when a lot of people are living month to month it's not always easy to hold back 'overpayments' and yet they expect everyone to have this extra money sitting in a seperate bank account not getting used!! Go figure! If we all had bank accounts whereby we could put additional money in and not spend it I don't think the majority of us would need additional help with our incomes! Chin up matrix, I'm sure you'll also hear from them soon, the guy I spoke to did say it was fault on their behalf that the system is working incredibly slow at the moment. Good luck and thanks guys!

Hi Westland babe, thanks so much for the information; I feel a little relieved that the system is running slow - although obviously not good for all of us trying to get this sorted! I think it's because I've heard absolutely nothing apart from a copy of my previous award from last year when I told it was my new award being sent out!! Well I have got tomorrow off work and am going to get on the phone at 8.00 with all the up to date info on my childcare costs, and see if they can let me know any news.

Like you said it is tricky not using the spare money and I feel really bad about it, but it did save my gas and electric for another month! lol. I really hope you get your renewal through soon, I'm sure you will if he's told you that.

Backofbeyond - thanks for your continued support, it really does mean a lot.

Will update on here once I have got through to them tomorrow x

Well, I rang at 8.00 this morning and got straight through. Spoke to a lady who sounded like a robot on tranquilizers, but she was actually pretty helpful with working out my new costs, so she took all the information about childcare provider, etc, then left me on hold for ages to process it. She said that she was putting the changes through and that I would receive a new amended award notice shortly.

I was going to ask why the current one was taking so long, but actually bottled it and just decided to give them a chance and see if this does happen. Would be due my normal payment in a couple of weeks, so will see if I get one, or maybe they will stop it until they decide what my new entitlements are, not sure.

Feel better now I've spoken to them as they now know of my childcare changes, but don't think I'll feel completely at ease until I get a proper award notice through the post!! x

Hi matrix, glad you feel a bit more contented with the situation. They won't stop your payments while working out your new payments, I've made changes before and my payments have never stopped. You'll find your next payment will reflect the changes, you'll probably notice the difference in payments before you actually get your new Award notice. Keep us posted, I'll do likewise. Still nothing through the post.

Ok, well you'll never believe this but.....in today's post my new award notice arrived!!! Also came with it the final decison on 2010-2011 - slight overpayment, but nothing too scary.

Obviously I realise that with today's call, I am now going to have to wait for the amended award which will be lower payments, but to be honest, getting anything towards my childcare costs is a huge help.

So all in all, from when I made my renewal in June, it's taken almost 4 months to get it processed.

Westlandbabe - I'm sure you will get your renewal soon; it really does seem to be like the guy you spoke to said - very slow at the moment. The main thing is they have confirmed it's processed, and they told you everything was fine and their happy. Let us know when you get it through x

Backofbeyond - thanks for being around on here. This thread has been a much needed support for me and I'm sure lots of others too. Will stay on the thread too for any updates and let you know how long the revised award notice takes! Hope all is ok with you x