Tax credits

beckyboo28
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4585 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

By my workings out mine will be about £8,000 oh god now i've typed that it just seems even worse :!:

The letter isn't nasty or accusing, it is just very matter of fact and simple.

I lived with it for months until my head was straight and we had other changes which had just occurred so I changed everything with them.

The letter I have drafted is very simply and just confirms that they are right and I state that I notified them of the change in November and that I understand that there will be an overpayment but I have asked if it would be possible to take this from my existing / future awards so as not to leave us in hardship. I am going to post it second class recorded delivery on Weds morning as I go away on holiday this Weds for 1 week and don't want to be on holiday worrying about what is on my doorstep when I return.

So are you still receiving the childcare payments now?

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My payments haven't changed and i get mine weekly. They won't stop them (don't start me bloody worrying about this now!) they will just do their review and amend payments I presume.

God monthly?!?!? How'd you cope?!?!?!?!?!?! What date are you due your payment? x

Yes still receiving it, although I wish i had just told them last year as I lost my housing benefit too ! I was getting around 40quid a week off my rent ( rent is 92) but now I am paying full rent and an overpayment for housing benefit too !!!! I was just too scared to tell them he didnt go to ofsted registered playscheme, and then I couldnt argue with housing benefit for the same reason !! so now my 650quid wages pays my rent and overpayment to housing benefit !!!

My next payment is due on the 24th, boys birthday is 30th !!! last month we went away on the 23rd and I called up just to make sure it was all ok.!! Its good to know they wont stop them though, just hope I get something from them this week !! If i dont hear anything and I receive my payment ok I might phone them..... the childcare provider that they may be contacting are useless at replying to anyone ! took me 2 months to get an answer about summer club last year !!!!

i was thinking of saying I got my renewal documents out to call you as it has been so long and i have just noticed the childcare element doesnt say for summer holidays only, does this mean I am still being paid for them ??

just home from work and still nothing for me !! no letter or phone message !!!

backofbeyond - enjoy your holiday , try not to worry it will work itself out when you get back i'm sure !!

Hi im new here. I just checked my bank and there was no payment im so sure i sent my renewal i do it every year on time. But there was no payment so now im panacing as i have 4 kids to feed one being 16 months old but now have no money sorry to go on but stress gets the better off me x

is there any reason why your claim might have been stopped other than not renewing ??? i thought they would inform you before just stopping it !!!!!!! im keeping everything crossed mine is there next week now !!!! I may call them Monday to make sure !!!

You could always apply for a crisis loan from job centre plus if they can't do it straight away and if you qualify you can normally get a same day giro payment.

Try not to panic I'm sure it'll be easily sorted.

Good luck nic, hope you here something!

I'm away after tea time so will update next week.

xxx

Hello enzaboo. I hope you manage to get through on the phone and that you have some encouraging news.

At my anxiety management group, one of the questions we were taught to ask ourselves was 'Is there something I can do to shortcircuit this worry/problem for myself?'. So now, I try to force myself to make phone calls I've maybe avoided, and usually I feel better.

I hope it works for you.

HB x

Illegitimi non carborundum

home from work and still nothing !!! think i will get the next payment out the way and then call them ! ( well i will probably call before then as i dont want any nasty surprises next weds when i find i have no money !!!)

Thank ypu honeybee i made myself call them had to make 4 calls in the end they wanted 09/10 and 10/11 but hoping its sorted now they said may take about a week. Thanks for all your help.

Enza. Xx

Well done you, I hope you get a good result. Please let us know.

HB x

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi , received my tax credit payment as normal today and when i got home from work I had my tax credit renewal back FINALLY !!!! renewed on 10th June, never before has it taken this long.........!