Is worth my while?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4618 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

As most of you know I suffered nervous breakdown last year following injurying my back

I am pleased to say I am going to start new job initially six months. I got distinction in my diploma so I've proved other people I am not thick which they claimed. Even though not successful at ET I was proud that the judge said would have been a good valid claim! - only hope now that the personal injury for depression gets settled.

I was head hunted for the job and I got a job doing something which I studied for now. Just hope no dole ever again.

I only hope now that no future bullying happens but I wanted to thank CAG for their support. Unfortunately my claim for my injury is still on going as I had a vaid sick note for stress they did not attempt to find out who upset me just so disgusting but not about the money about principle.

In regards to subject, to avoid this from happening. I've purchased a diary to support me. I also, wondered, is it worth my while joining the union if they have one - would it bring any beneficial requirement; I suppose they would be there to offer support on pensions etc

Many thanks again

Edited by AndrewHearne2008

well done on sorting yourself out. It sounds as if you have been working very hard for it.

As far as joining a union – yes it's always a good idea – but I'm afraid that when the chips are down don't get your hopes up too much. Many people who really end up having to turn to the union get quite disappointed and can feel let down. Keep that in mind. Better to be in the union than not.

You say you are keeping a diary. There is a really excellent idea. Everybody should make detailed notes of what happens to them at work – especially when things start to go even the slightest bit wrong. If the worst happens, that diary can become worth its weight in gold. Do not keep the diary on the work premises. Keep it at home.

Hi Rebel

I fell off my chair and was forced to carry on lift 5 reams of paper which resulted in further damage to my slipped disc. I reported it - they blamed cleaners for moving my chair - I put do not move as I had it sepcifically adjusted. My old manager said she would ignore me because the report said I was better, without an assessment. My GP signed me off with stress from nervous breakdown in February 2010. My old manager said but you are after I said I am not thick

Hi Andrew,Congratulations on the new job and on gaining your diploma.Sounds like you have managed to come through your bad experience and are now able to start again which is great!The diary idea is a good one and I will do the same thing if I ever get another job!Is it a personal injury claim that is going on now?

Edited by Ms_J
Trying to add paragraphs!

I filed a letter before action saying if they do not pay in next 10-20 days civil court proceedings documents will be issued to them. Basically personal injury protocol has not been followed for my illness. They wrote back saying it concluded at employment tribunal in December 2010 and are under no obligation to discuss further; can they do this. This was for the constructive dismissal and disability discrimination . The claim for February 2010 is for my nervous breakdown which valid sick note they did not come round to find out who upset me; I now need to be on anti depressents for forseeable future. The judge said would have been a good valid claim - I said may I remind you what the judge said.

Is the judges oath being broken by them.

The employment claim was handled with one firm of solicitors and the physical illness depression is with someone else - surely two different matters. e.g. surely personal injury solicitor is a different matter to employment law solciitor

Edited by AndrewHearne2008

Hello the personal injury solicitors are tress and depression claim, the pre hearing review was disability discrimination - I thought two seperate issues. But the personal injury solicitor is also dealing with the matter when I fell off my chair and also resulting in second accident which I was still lifting five reams of paper which I should not have been doing. I had manual handling in September 2008 after first as not provided prior; however not in this a video was shown or I was not advised to turn with my feet

They wrote back saying it concluded at employment tribunal in December 2010 and are under no obligation to discuss further; can they do this. This was for the constructive dismissal and disability discrimination

How could it have been "concluded" if it hadn't been claimed in the first place? :)

Simple as...

Did you appeal from ET judgement?

do you have legal insurance in place because it can get messy why because your employer will refuse to take the blame if they do they will be liable for any award that you may get, so they may play dirty games with you, you have 3 years to claim from date of injury