Appealing PCN Residents Parking Zone without signage - help needed!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3614 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

MY APPEAL BY EMAIL

1. Non prescribed signage - no DfT authorisation has been granted for the Beswick Controlled Parking Zone, where I had parked, meaning that the only signage allowed is that prescribed in traffic signs regulations. The regulations clearly state the specific wording to be used along with a small number of permitted variants. Not only do the zone entry signs clearly flout this regulation but they don't state it is a controlled zone, just that it is the 'Beswick Zone' The regulations state the signs should be placed on both sides of the road where the road is more than 5m wide.

2. The signage stating any traffic restrictions should be obvious to both people from the area but also people visiting from outside the area. As an out of towner I wasn't aware of what a 'Beswick Zone' was. In addition to the problems with the entry signs I believe the repeater signs to be inadequate. I drove through a number of streets and when I found somewhere without any double yellow lines that had other cars parked up I thought it was a legal place to park. I looked around for signs at the time and as I must have passed the entry sign some time before I believed I was OK to park on that street.

3. The cpz consisted of 51 streets in total.

For these reasons, the PCN is not valid.

THEIR RESPONSE BY EMAIL

Your case comes under the Traffic Management Act 2004 and The Civil

Enforcement of Parking Contraventions (England) Representations and Appeals

Regulations 2007

Penalty Charge Notice (parking ticket) number:

Date given: 07/06/2011 at 19:26

Place given: Pilgrim Drive

Vehicle registration:

Thank you for your letter, which we received on 23 June 2011.

I have carefully considered your letter but on this occasion I have taken the decision not

to cancel your parking ticket.

You were given a parking ticket for parking in a Residents' Permit Zone without

displaying a resident's permit.

Signs are in place at entry points into the zone, which advise drivers of the restrictions

in place. As these restrictions are standardised within the zone, additional signs are not

needed. The way we sign parking restrictions complies with the law.

IS THIS RIGHT THAT 'ADDITIONAL SIGNS ARE NOT NEEDED'?!? ADVICE MUCH APPRECIATED :???:

PCN.jpg