Mentally Ill man under threat of eviction from Council flat.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3401 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

thank you so very much for your reply... means so much....I hope Matt is doing ok....there has been 2 pre- inquest hearings and the inquest is next March...The coroner is not happy and the Housing Assoc. has engaged a solicitor & barrister....the HO in question has been on extended leave since it happened and has not yet returned to work....all we can hope for is that the coroner finds the Housing Assoc. did not take into account Nics mental health and he recommends that they revise their policies and procedures.... and that it may help someone in the future from experiencing the hell that we went through...it's all I can do for my Nic now....

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems inadequate to say, but I'm so sorry Suzanne. It won't bring him back but I hope lessons are learnt from your son's death that prevent anyone else going through his pain and you and your family's. x

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I hope so too... but I think the council will have all their back doors covered...their barrister will make sure of that....I trawl the internet for hours and hours on end.. trying to make sense of the laws concerning eviction of mentally ill persons... but they are so ambiguous it's extremely difficult....and they can afford all these legal chaps... we can't...Some days I feel "right will out" but on others I feel really despondent...it's very hard when you're trying to deal with a beyond devastating loss. ...and fight your sons corner...hope you don't mind if I let you know what happens.. .x

We'd love to know what happens, and hope that right will out. I always think that lawyers never know your case like you do and can miss things in their arguments that might make all the difference, so don't despair.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.