My cat has moved out... any advice?

sarahlloyd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4647 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, don't know if anyone has any advice...

I have 3 cats at home. One 10 year old mog and two 7 year old BSH kitties. The BSH's are brother and sister.

They all get on very well (thankfully) and live in harmony.

I have a cat flap in the back door, and also have a shed in the garden for the cats. It has a catflap on it and is filled with old cushions etc.

Now, my one BSH appears to have moved out recently. She's a strange thing, very clingy and she enjoys her home comforts. Over the past two weeks I've seen less and less of her. Sometimes I find her in the shed, sometimes not. She tends to pop in at night for a bit.

I'm worried about her eating when she vanishes and also worried because this is new behaviour.

Any ideas?

Hi, don't know if anyone has any advice...

I have 3 cats at home. One 10 year old mog and two 7 year old BSH kitties. The BSH's are brother and sister.

They all get on very well (thankfully) and live in harmony.

I have a cat flap in the back door, and also have a shed in the garden for the cats. It has a catflap on it and is filled with old cushions etc.

Now, my one BSH appears to have moved out recently. She's a strange thing, very clingy and she enjoys her home comforts. Over the past two weeks I've seen less and less of her. Sometimes I find her in the shed, sometimes not. She tends to pop in at night for a bit.

I'm worried about her eating when she vanishes and also worried because this is new behaviour.

Any ideas?

The fact she has been going off over a long period of time suggests to me that she is being fed somewhere else! We have over 30 cats here at our sanctuary and only ONE (part Bengal) strays, we now know, having become pet detectives that he goes to a neighbours house (two miles away as we live in the back of beyond!) and she feeds him, he comes back to say hi, eat and sleep in his bed for a few days then buggers off again. I would suggest asking all your neighbours if your cat has been visiting and if she is being fed by them.On the other hand is she spayed?

I have had my cat for over 12 years About a year after we moved house she decided to go and live with the people 4 doors away I was wondering why she wasn't eating much when she came home I was annoyed at first but my neighbour came to apologise for feeding her We both decided as she was happy there she may as well live there I'm good friends with the neighbour now and I feed her cat when she goes on holiday!