• Tweets

• Are you allowed to appeal if you plead guilty?   I know you appeal the sentence, but the criminal record formed from your guilt would surely remain?   I'm not sure if your able to appeal a crimianl record if you plead guilty are you?
    • DX: I did not pursue Link after I got the CCJ amended to monthly payments. Pretty sure the CCJ does not mention reviews, I do have the CCJ somewhere, I will have to look it up in storage. It is as mentioned on the thread you referenced  in your post #28. The Barclays loan was taken out in September 2004 for 60 months! Current Balance remaining approx £2K. On checking back my past correspondence with Barclaycard about this loan, there was a history of them ignoring my letters and offers to pay, and I even had problems in obtaining their bank account details for them to accept my payments! I have received strange correspondence from them too, one referring to insurance which I did not have. They seem very disorganised! Barclaycard told me to pay "Masterloan" a while back and I now receive regular statements and arrears notices from "Personal Loans from Barclaycard" clearly marked Masterloan, they changed the account reference number! I have never requested a CCA on this account. I advised them of my change of address last September, but they are still sending, until today, statements etc. to my old address! I have received 2 letters from Barclaycard Loan today though, not opened them yet!!
    • Yes, a few months ago. They wrote back saying there was no CCA and the debt was unenforcable. I then started gtting bombarded with threatening emails from their 'litigations team' which have been sent to spam. I've now recieved the letter before claim with the PAP form enclosed, but still no CCA or even a letter from them to say the debt is deemed enforcable. Thank you.
    • That's a shame but not unexpected.  I'm not sure about your assumed  questions because I haven't been to court but I'm not sure about not accepting a criminal record. It could be a language thing but it isn't your choice unfortunately.  HB
    • Have you previously requested the agreement by a CCA request ?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

liverpool victoria/pet insurance not paying out

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4638 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Scan_Doc0006-1.jpg

STAY WITH ME ON THIS ONE

THIS IS NOT MY PET, A GIRL AT WORK HAS ASKED FOR HELP

TWO YEARS AGO THERE DOG HAD MUSCULAR SKELETAL PROBLEMS WITH THERE RIGHT LEG, VET TREATED AND INSURANCE PAID OUT

ROLL ON TWO YEARS AND DOG HAS DIFFEENT MUSCULAR SKELETAL PROBLEMS ON THE OTHER LEG

INSURANCE ARE REFUSING TO PAY OUT STATING PRE EXSISTING CONDITION EVEN THOUGH DIFFERENT LEGS

SUGESTIONS???

Edited by postggj

quote from letter

disapointed with our decision

cant help any further

now you state you can challenge the decision

why was that not put in the letter

i thank you for looking in and hope to enhance your customer service reputation but that just seems a sod off letter to me

(excuse my french)

Edited by postggj

It seems lvcares did not come back to this thread

what is annoying me is that after the ppi scandel of misselling by banks, and no doubt insurance companies were well aware of it,

are such things as the mass explosion in pet insurance companies trying to fill the void as no one will ever trust ppi again

Note what you say LV, however it would help if you explianed your position so others could make up their mind whether you are being fair in this respect.

there must be a reason why you have taken this stance which does not sound very positive.

why are you on this site, then if you cannot be specific and perhaps provide guidance to others that may have a problem!

For what it is worth the stance taken by LV appears to be correct i.e there was a pre existing condition issue.

As the LV rep says, this is obviously fairly complicated and cannot be gone into on a public forum for the reasons stated.

Suggest that the Policyholder concerns uses the LV claims complaints process and takes this to the FOS if they want to.

In future my advice would be to work with local vets, when arranging suitable Insurance.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

same insurer L.V.

thats why i am mad

AND LVCARES

WE ARE NOT TALKING ON A SPECIFIC CASE AS SUCH

AS ALLWAYS BIG COMPANIES BEING ECONOMICAL WITH THE TRUTH

JUST ANSWER THIS

IF I HAD AN OPERATION ON MY LEFT KNEE LAST YEAR

AND ANOTHER OPERATION ON MY OTHER KNEE THREE YEARS LATER

HOW CAN THEY BE CONNECTED BEING DIFFERENT PARTS OF THE BODY

THATS A GENERAL QUESTION, CAN BE ANY PART OF THE BODY

ANSWER THAT AND I WILL GO AWAY

I REPEAT

TWO DIFFERENT PARTS OF THE BODY, HOW CAN THEY BE CONNECTED AND TREATED AS THE SAME INJURY

PLEASE DEFINE PRE EXSISTING CONDITION

A PET HAS AN ACCIDENT

HOW IS THAT RELATED TO ANOTHER PART OF THE BODY THREE YEARS LATER

If you have maintained continous cover with LV and they covered the first condition, then according to their policy they will cover recurring conditions. I would think the two issues experienced can be related, as to my knowledge the type of issue MUSCULAR SKELETAL PROBLEMS, would not just soley affect one leg. I am not a qualified vet, but I think a vet will depending on the exact problem confirm that they can be related.

I am not sure where they are coming from in regard to pre existing condition. This normally means before LV are on cover. If you have had a policy lapse for a period and have taken a new policy with LV, the pre existing condition will apply to the new policy, because you have not had continuous cover with them.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I am not sure where they are coming from in regard to pre existing condition. This normally means before LV are on cover. If you have had a policy lapse for a period and have taken a new policy with LV, the pre existing condition will apply to the new policy, because you have not had continuous cover with them.

THAT IS WHAT IS ANNOYING ME AT THE MOMENT

ITS THE OLD BS FACTOR AGAIN

THAT IS WHAT IS ANNOYING ME AT THE MOMENT

ITS THE OLD BS FACTOR AGAIN

So you have had continuous cover with LV throughout, they covered one leg due to the condition mentioned, but they won't cover the other leg.

What LV appear to be saying is that the conditon existed ever before they dealt with the first claim and certainly before the policy was taken out.

What information have LV received from a vet to say that you would have been aware of a pre existing condition before the policy was taken out ? I think you need to dig away and find out what information they are relying on to form their judgement.

The letter from LV's MD is pretty poor. He should know that if the letter is supposed to be a final letter of refusal to deal with a claim, that it should have included details about the FOS complaints procedure and attached a copy of the FOS leaflet. I would suggest that the LV rep who is responding makes sure the MD's staff are correctly including the FOS bits, as otherwise they risk getting a slap from the FSA.

I've had a quick look at LV's website and the first question is whether you had their essential or premier cover.

If it was the lower (essential) cover then they are correct in what they say about the second leg as each year you are starting from new. The first time you renewed after the year in which this problem first showed in one leg it became a pre-existing condition and was therefore not covered.

If you had the premier cover throughout then it's an argument about the money. From what I can see they have a £5000 per condition limit which is not time limited. If the treatment for the first leg cost less than £5000 then you still have cover up to that amount as they are (rightly) saying it's the same, or a related, condition.

I would say that there was no reason whatsoever for the spokesman from LV not to explain the difference in their two levels of cover though I'm not surprised. I think their website is misleading. Both essential and premier cover give the same £5000 figure and the only explanation they give is that it can be claimed over a longer period if you take the higher cover - with presumably higher premiums. Many (if not most) consumers would in my opinion see that headline figure of £5000 cover and opt for lower premiums. They simply wouldn't realise the difference. If I could get the pdf policy document to open I'd check further - but I can't.

LV are not doing themselves any favours here, and are normally quite reasonable and fair; will now have to rethink about continuing to use them ( not pet related ).

HIGHTAIL are you saying that when renewing you must declare a condition that they have already paid out for in previous years? that cant be right as they already know about it; you dont do that when renewing car insurance, you only declare stuff when you change companies!

Edited by raydetinu

As we explained in our last post it's not possible to explain our stance on a claim without going into specifics. Every claim is different, with its own unique set of circumstances.

As to why we posted on the forum, we regularly engage with the key blogs and are often able to help customers with their problems. While we couldn't talk about a specific claim publicly, we suggested a possible next course of action with the limited information that was available. Again, if any policyholder wants to discuss details of a claim with us then they contact us directly. Thank you.

LVCares? too funny, what is your purpose of being here? just to snoop?

Ok. This is what I think is happening here (my theory). The policyholder only took out the Essential cover which only covers up to 12 months treatment for each condition. LV believe that the other leg problem is related to the previous condition and as the latest leg problem is beyond 12 months, they won't deal with it.

If this is the case which the Policholder should check with LV, then they should obtain an other independent Vets opinion, as to whether the latest leg problem is related to the previous condition or whether it is totally new. If the opinion is that it is a new condition, then LV should settle the Vets bill. If the opinion is that it is related, then LV would not be liable.

• Essential pet insurance - up to 12 months treatment for each condition
  • Premier pet insurance - no time limit for treatment for each condition

Unclebulgaria has explained it in a nutshell. How they confuse people is that no matter which policy you take out you still get £5000 cover. How the majority of pet owners are meant to work it out I really don't know. If you look at essential cover it seems you get £5000 in one year and for the premier you're paying higher premiums for £5000 cover spread over many years. They do state that the essential cover is a 12 month policy but I don't think it's made clear enough what that really means. To most people £5k cover is £5k cover and many will not realise the implications of taking out the cheaper policy.

HIGHTAIL are you saying that when renewing you must declare a condition that they have already paid out for in previous years?

You don't need to because they know. These pet insurance companies call it 'renewing' every year which is another thing causing confusion. There is no indication in renewal documents to let the customer know if they have a continuous policy. All policies are taken out for periods of 12 months at a time so referring to one type as a 12 month policy isn't exactly a helpful definition.

They do state that the essential cover is a 12 month policy

but the premiums have been collected by lv for the last three years

With the essential policy you are starting from scratch each year which means on each renewal date any condition which has gone into the vet records becomes a pre-existing condition and excluded.

12 month policies and being renewable is missing the point.

LV will only cover treatment of a condition or anything that is related for a period of up to 12 months from diagnosis, with the maximum cost being restricted to £5k.

So if you had a policy that ran from 1/1/11 to 31/12/11 and your dog suffered from a condition on 1/7/11, LV would cover the Vets bills until 30/6/12. After 30/6/12, they would stop funding any Vets bills.